Ontario extends health card renewal deadline

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Ontario extends health card renewal deadline
Author of the article:Antonella Artuso
Publishing date:Feb 09, 2022 • 12 hours ago • 1 minute read • Join the conversation
A red-and-white Ontario health card.
A red-and-white Ontario health card.
Article content
The deadline for Ontarians to renew health cards has been extended to Sept. 30.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
Health Minister Christine Elliott said in a statement Wednesday that the government extended the renewal requirements during the pandemic for cards that expired on or after March 1.

“While the majority of Ontarians have continued to renew their documents throughout the pandemic, we are committed to ensuring all Ontarians have the opportunity to renew while continuing to access the care they need, when they need it,” she said.

The previous deadline of Feb. 28 has been cancelled, so that health-care providers can continue to accept expired red and white or green OHIP cards until the end of September.

The government had been planning to phase out red and white cards by July 1, 2020, but the decision was made prior to the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic that made it more difficult to access in-person services.

Unlike the green health card, red and white cards do not include a photo.

“An individual who faces difficulties renewing their health card, for whatever reason, should contact ServiceOntario at 1-866-532-3161 (TTY : 1-800-387-5559) to inquire about options for their specific situation,” a government statement says.

aartuso@postmedia.com

MyOpinion

Time Out
Dec 3, 2021
What BS. It isn't like they haven't had 25 years to get it renewed.
Fuck em. If they have an old one,they can't get shit till they get a new one.
Keeping extending is pure BS.

• Haha
Reactions: taxslave

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Why should anyone have to apply for a new card? If they have one now, the government should be able to figure out how to send them a new one. Or better yet, do like BC and have the health care number on the back of your driver's license.

MyOpinion

Time Out
Dec 3, 2021
Why should anyone have to apply for a new card? If they have one now, the government should be able to figure out how to send them a new one. Or better yet, do like BC and have the health care number on the back of your driver's license.
The "new one" is a photo card.
It is not an application, it is a renewal to a photo card introduced 25 years ago.
Non photo cards have been abused as there was no way to verify the user.

harrylee

Man of Memes
Mar 22, 2019
Ontario
I thought there was a big push a few years ago to get the red/white cards replaced. I know my wife got some notice and finally did it.
I renewed my photo health card last year online, they just used my old photo.....I never age anyways....lol

Reactions: Hoof Hearted

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I thought there was a big push a few years ago to get the red/white cards replaced. I know my wife got some notice and finally did it.
I renewed my photo health card last year online, they just used my old photo.....I never age anyways....lol
They made me get rid of mine. I was surprised they are still around. My understanding is a large number of them are fraudulent.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
If the conservatives want to win votes in Ontario then they should reinstate rent control in the province. Why they got rid of it.....?

But I dont think they want those votes.

harrylee

Man of Memes
Mar 22, 2019
Ontario
If the conservatives want to win votes in Ontario then they should reinstate rent control in the province. Why they got rid of it.....?

But I dont think they want those votes.
Rent control was always an NDP/Liberal sort of thing. But, housing costs are out of hand that is for sure.

Reactions: MyOpinion

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
It was early last September
Near as I can remember
While strolling down the lane in tipsy pride
Not a word did I utter
As I lay down in the gutter
And this pig came up and lay there by my side
Not a soul was I disturbing
As I lay there by the curbing
When this high-tone lady come and I heard her say
"You can tell a man who boozes
By the company he chooses!"
And the pig got up and slowly walked away

Thank you, thank you! CDs and T-shirts in the back! Be sure to tip your waiters!

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
It was early last September
Near as I can remember
While strolling down the lane in tipsy pride
Not a word did I utter
As I lay down in the gutter
And this pig came up and lay there by my side
Not a soul was I disturbing
As I lay there by the curbing
When this high-tone lady come and I heard her say
"You can tell a man who boozes
By the company he chooses!"
And the pig got up and slowly walked away

Thank you, thank you! CDs and T-shirts in the back! Be sure to tip your waiters!
The version I read was:
One night in late October
When I was far from sober
Carrying home my load with manly pride,
My feet began to stutter
so I lay down in the gutter
when a pig came by and laid down by my side.
A lady passing by was heard to say,
"You can tell a man who boozes"
by the company that he chooses."
And the pig got up and slowly walked away.

Reactions: Tecumsehsbones