One of Pierre Trudeau’s finer moments

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
"When violent and fanatical men are attempting to destroy the unity and freedom of Canada"...

Interesting opening line, since the War Measures Acts stripped every Canadian of their rights, and was used by some law enforcement agencies to round up people they didn't like.

Thanks Pierre, you old fascist bastard you.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Well, the prick pretty much had to after the little verbal push and shove 'watch me' with the reporter a few days earlier. He'd have lost face if hadn't done it.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Well, the prick pretty much had to after the little verbal push and shove 'watch me' with the reporter a few days earlier. He'd have lost face if hadn't done it.
Ya, that's an awesome reason to perpetrate the most fascist act ever committed on Canadians, on Canadian soil.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Ya, that's an awesome reason to perpetrate the most fascist act ever committed on Canadians, on Canadian soil.

I don't know, setting off bombs to kill and injure people seems fascist to me.

The Front de libération du Québec (FLQ; English: Quebec Liberation Front) was a separatist and Marxist-Leninist paramilitary group in Quebec, Canada.[2] Founded in the early 1960s, it militantly supported the Quebec sovereignty movement. It was active between 1963 and 1970, and was regarded as a terrorist organization for its violent methods of action,[3][4] although some historians also regard some of its members as "idealists" while the provincial police considered them "amateurs".[5] It was responsible for over 160 violent incidents which killed eight people and injured many more, including the bombing of the Montreal Stock Exchange in 1969.[4][6] These attacks culminated in 1970 with what is known as the October Crisis, in which British Trade Commissioner James Cross was kidnapped and Quebec Labour Minister Pierre Laporte was murdered by strangulation.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
No, that's terrorism.

I can understand how you'd like to see things any other way though.

Regardless of what we call it, Pierre LaPorte still had a family who didn't deserve this. I only wish we had shot the bast--ds. responsible.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Regardless of what we call it, Pierre LaPorte still had a family who didn't deserve this.
I agree strongly. But the labour leaders in Nanaimo BC didn't need to be detained and roughed up because the police were given the ability to do whatever they wanted, thanks to the most fascist act ever committed by a Canadian gov't.

I only wish we had shot the bast--ds. responsible.
Only after due process, right?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I agree strongly. But the labour leaders in Nanaimo BC didn't need to be detained and roughed up because the police were given the ability to do whatever they wanted, thanks to the most fascist act ever committed by a Canadian gov't.

Only after due process, right?

Right! Give them a fair trial.....................and then shoot them....:roll: