Omnibus Russia Ukraine crisis

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
👆👆👆

Only time the USA wins a war, it's in a Hollywood Movies.. usually aliens who have travelled lightyear's and super advanced tech..
When's the last time China won a real war? When's the last time the Soviet Union/Russia won a war? I mean other than by the wholesale, intentional slaughter of civilians. Christ, do you have any idea how many times China tried and failed to invade Vietnam?

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Oh and no I don't think war and people being unalived is funny.. that's why I keep saying peace agreement now.
Maybe don't add laughing smileys about the Houthi's attacking merchant vessels at the end of your post then.
All wars end in a peace agreement.
Putin doesn't fucking want peace. He wants time and breathing room to consolidate his little gains while giving his military time to rest, replace and refit for the next stage in his attempt to reconstitute the Soviet Union's empire, maybe not under that name but still the same shit. Here's the thing about Bedpan (and Xinnie the Pooh), they they both suck monkey ass when it comes to actually honouring any agreements they sign.
Bedpan's "peace" agreement would be nothing more than a temporary respite before he starts his shit again. He's intentionally bombing civilians but he really fucking cares about Ukrainian civilian deaths. Gimmie a fucking break.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
True yet the "Most Powerful Military" in the world hasn't been able to stop them from attacking ships and halting some traffic.

Yet we "NATO" is going to take on Russia, China, Iran.. let's see who else might join in? Venezuela, Egypt, and so on to defend Russia.

When was the last time the USA actually won a war?

Reactions: petros

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
That was the war against Iraq. We won. We kicked their asses out of Kuwait, deposed Saddam, and turned the highway from Baghdad to the border into a 200-mile scrapyard.
Then Kuwait kicked out about 20% of their population… that where working with Saddam Hussein to overthrow the government. Wonder where they went?
No need to be bitter just because you couldn't do it.
Our battle canoes are not effective in desert terrain. We have top men studying the problem. TOP men!!

Meanwhile in North Korea:
1719006226329.jpeg

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Then Kuwait kicked out about 20% of their population… that where working with Saddam Hussein to overthrow the government. Wonder where they went?
How is that relevant to the fact that we won that war pretty convincingly?

Yeah, I remember all the squawkers in the press moaning about how the "battle-hardened Iraqi veterans, tempered by eight years of war with Iran" were gonna eat our lunch.

Four days. Battle of Medina Ridge, the largest armour battle in history. Bigger than Stalingrad. 4000 pieces of armour took the field.

And we beat them in the cities
And we whipped them in the streets
And the world hailed Norman Schwarzkopf
Our commander and our chief
(Apologies to Larry Kirwan)

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
How is that relevant to the fact that we won that war pretty convincingly?
Not belittling the accomplishment by any means. Yes that war was won convincingly, even with 18 or 20% of Kuwaits population actively working against Kuwaits government in an effort to overthrow it for Saddam Hussein. After that war, that was won convincingly, Kuwait cleaned house so that wouldn’t happen again.
Yeah, I remember all the squawkers in the press moaning about how the "battle-hardened Iraqi veterans, tempered by eight years of war with Iran" were gonna eat our lunch.
I was too young to remember much about the Vietnam War playing out on the news every night…so that was my first war playing out on CNN live in front of my eyes daily.
Four days. Battle of Medina Ridge, the largest armour battle in history. Bigger than Stalingrad. 4000 pieces of armour took the field.
I had a buddy at the time who immigrated to Canada from England, who had served over in Iraq, cleanup detail on that highway of kms & kms of wreckage. Really messed him up.
And we beat them in the cities
And we whipped them in the streets
And the world hailed Norman Schwarzkopf
Our commander and our chief
(Apologies to Larry Kirwan)

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I had a buddy at the time who immigrated to Canada from England, who had served over in Iraq, cleanup detail on that highway of kms & kms of wreckage. Really messed him up.
Sorry to hear that. But overall, it was about as clean as war gets. The place was a bombing and strafing range. Like Nevada.

That's war since WWI. Arguably since the U.S. Civil War in the 1860s. It's not about strategies, or tactics, or heroism, or toughness. It's an industrial enterprise. He who puts more heavy metal on bad guys wins. About as romantic as an assembly line.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Sorry to hear that. But overall, it was about as clean as war gets. The place was a bombing and strafing range. Like Nevada.

That's war since WWI. Arguably since the U.S. Civil War in the 1860s. It's not about strategies, or tactics, or heroism, or toughness. It's an industrial enterprise. He who puts more heavy metal on bad guys wins. About as romantic as an assembly line.
Rob spent months on that highway, after long lines of armour where stafed and bombed…cleaning Iraqis out of their armour or what was left of it, and them.

He was nothing if not adaptable.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
🚨 Update: “Russia will win this war. It’s impossible for us to lose. If we are about to lose, we will ensure that everyone loses….” - President Putin
Awww widdle Pooty poo throwing a tantrum again? You know you're a pathetic, washed-up joke when you have to go begging to North Korea, the short bus of nation states, for help.

He ain't gonna nuke anyone. The oligarchs will have him killed before he does that. They're rich and most likely want to continue living and enjoying their wealth. However Bedpan knows that if he loses, he's a dead man.

Putin is fucked either way. He can't afford to lose in Ukraine else Russia will be on the hook for reparations, and the Russian economy and Ruble ain't up to it. But he can't afford to win either. If his gains are going to be of any use or value to him it'll cost hundreds of billions to rebuild the conquered territory. And the Russian economy and Ruble ain't up to that either.