Oil Giant Reports Net Loss

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
More of an Oil Bigfoot really.

In October, Suncor said it will eliminate as many as 1,930 jobs over 18 months

Oilsands giant Suncor Energy notes loss on lower revenue, writedowns​

The company says the loss includes a $423-million after-tax asset impairment charge, along with a $142-million transportation provision related to the recently cancelled Keystone XL oil export pipeline project.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
dying.. just sayin.

Meanwhile Flossy is typing away on his oil base plastic keyboard telling himself - it's the end of oil.. hurray 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

If the end of oil means flossy can't type anymore, I might have to think about the benefits to this anti oil stuff.
It's the same low-information mentality that sees idiots banging away on their touch screen phones lamenting the loss of rain forest and habitat, utterly clueless to the fact that touch screen technology is only hastening the demise of the mountain gorillas and their habitat in central Africa. Cognitive dissonance, ignorance and stupidity seem to be the clarion call of the ALT-left.

• Haha
Reactions: Twin_Moose

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Says the loser who gleefully posts anything he can about the "demise" of Alberta's oil industry.

Nah, I just think we should transform it into a better industry for Alberta.

Because, unlike you and the conbots, I actually give a shit about peoples' futures.

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
Cooking US oil to boot.

That one hangs in the balance with Michigan's push to shut down Line 5, That little scrap is heating up.

Alberta is in a tough spot right now because on a global playing field their oil is expensive to produce, and in the current state of over supply and reduced demand that doesn't work out well for them. Purse-strings among Alberta's oil producers have been tightening steady since the price crash in 2014/15, as they try to compensate for the low price by increased volume with lower expenses. What they really need is a post-pandemic rebound of global consumption in a really, really big way, but fossil fuels are losing the PR battle as environmental concerns move into the spotlight more and more.

Reactions: Ron in Regina

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
That’s why I see those trains pulling a hundred plus tanker cars full of oil through the Fraser Canyon , daily .

Reactions: Twin_Moose