O J Simpson

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Lady of the Island,

I am not really up to par on this trial. Robbery and kidnapping, I believe. Guilty, okay.
...But I still believe even with the dream team aside O.J. was innocent.
...Ronald Goldman...always felt glass case drop was a signal of some kind.
...One person's humble opinion.

Regards,
scratch
Sorry Scratch but you have to be the only person there is who believed OJ was innocent. Not even a single other movie star or sports player thought the man was innocent. He should have hit the cells a very long time ago.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Sorry Scratch but you have to be the only person there is who believed OJ was innocent. Not even a single other movie star or sports player thought the man was innocent. He should have hit the cells a very long time ago.

Yep, the guy is an out and out thug.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007

I don't think scratch will be in any position to respond to you, Island. He is having a little bit of a Time-Out.;-)

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
''It is unfair to blame the jury because the prosecutors bungled the case so badly.''

That they did. For them to use a criminally racist cop like Fuhrmann as the sole witness was beyond all reason.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Thank god this man is behind bars. The orignal murder trial was a sham. Nothing more and nothing less to say on my part.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
''The orignal murder trial was a sham.''

I cannot entirely agree.

The defense attornies did what was proper.

The prosecutorial attorneys blew it. They knew of Fuhrmann's storied past as a racist and hater. In the tape which blew he case, he was quoted as saying he would gladly frame a black man for any crime. And because of those revelations, the city of Los Angeles was forced to pay $ 25 million to black and Latin victims of police violence.

It may well be that a murderer did get away with a homicide - I certainly will not dispute that. But Fuhrmann's past was the cause of it, not the actions of the lawyers or judge.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
''The orignal murder trial was a sham.''

I cannot entirely agree.

The defense attornies did what was proper.

The prosecutorial attorneys blew it. They knew of Fuhrmann's storied past as a racist and hater. In the tape which blew he case, he was quoted as saying he would gladly frame a black man for any crime. And because of those revelations, the city of Los Angeles was forced to pay $ 25 million to black and Latin victims of police violence.

It may well be that a murderer did get away with a homicide - I certainly will not dispute that. But Fuhrmann's past was the cause of it, not the actions of the lawyers or judge.

I'm probably a lot younger than you, gopher. But what I do remember of the case was classmates and professors professing his innocence -- nothing of which seems credible. Upon further research, all of the completely idiotic foulups in the case seem to be on purpose. I'm not your typical conspiracy theorist, but everything having to do with this case seems to be a setup. He got off on a couple technicalities which seems like it was all setup.

I remember the prof interrupting the class sometime before it ended and listening to the trial on the radio... but my memory is foggy.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
''He got off on a couple technicalities''

Sorry, but that is incorrect. He was declared not guilty by the jury, not by technicality which is a prerogative of a judge. If anything, the judge was largely on the side of the prosecutors and the lawyers analyzing the case on TV discussed that.

There were ''idiotic foulups'' as you say. But that was strictly attributable to the prosecutors.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
''He got off on a couple technicalities''

Sorry, but that is incorrect. He was declared not guilty by the jury, not by technicality which is a prerogative of a judge. If anything, the judge was largely on the side of the prosecutors and the lawyers analyzing the case on TV discussed that.

There were ''idiotic foulups'' as you say. But that was strictly attributable to the prosecutors.
I couldn't agree with you more, gopher. In my opinion, which means nothing and has never meant anything in this case, the attorneys on the side of the prosecution let this guy off on purpose. Either that -- as a non-laywer but someone who is somewhat well-versed on both Common Law and German Law -- the prosecution is a whole lot of idiots.

(By the way, for the reason that the majority of my friends are lawyers or law stundents, I've observed many cases and have been adviced on several topics regarding law in the US, Canada, Germany and other parts of Europe.)

I'm in no way claiming to be well-versed in law, though.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
German law:

FindLaw: International Resources: Countries: Germany: Laws

I have got a lot of catching up to do!
*hehe*

As I said, including my ex, my best friend and several of my very close friends, I hear about this horrible study every other day! Take my advice, DON'T STUDY GERMAN TAX LAW! On the other side, it contradicts many cases in the common law-based system so take my arguments with a grain of salt, because it doesn't always make sense if we debate when we talk about law. (Yes, I have a copy of the almost half-a-foot width grundgesetz book :( )