Nova Scotia NDP candidate steps down over sexist comments posted online

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Never say what you think cause it might offend someone.
If you mean to get into politics, you shouldn't let the world know you're a vicious prick until after you're elected.

I know. You want to whimper about how this is a freedom of speech issue. Bullshit. He ain't entitled to political office, and no government is taking action against him. So sit in the corner, whine about how everybody's so mean to you, and drink a juice box.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
“in a world of breast implants, fast food and cheap beer, what’s not to love about being a man.”
Oooo what a misogynist. Give me a f*cking break. Then again, as a Dipper I'm surprised he's even allowed to call himself a male. Oh wait, maybe that's it, he didn't use one of the 36 acceptable gender pronouns to identify himself.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
If you want people to vote for you, it's probably a bad idea to come across as a jerk to most of them. Wait a minute, that does seem to be the new success plan.

Vbeacher

Electoral Member
Sep 9, 2013
Ottawa
If you mean to get into politics, you shouldn't let the world know you're a vicious prick until after you're elected.

The only comment the citation gave was the following:
In 2011, his website called The Bullpen published comments that said “in a world of breast implants, fast food and cheap beer, what’s not to love about being a man.”

That seems pretty damn mild.I mean, if this is the standard than no guy who ever used an internet forum is allowed to hold public office.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
It's good he stepped down.
If your an ND and a Man, you should probably step down on principle. Men are swines eh!!

Our PM wants the bosses in the RCMP to be all female eh, kinda adds more meaning to our police force being the Fuzz eh.