*New* Canadian Content Government Search

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Hey everyone,

There's a new feature I've been working on (which will be available in both of Canada's official languages of English and French). It's just called Canadian Content Government Search and we're now indexing the over 1 million pages of information available from the government's hundreds of web sites. This information is anything from MP information, healthcare, Canadian laws, the house of commons, taxes, the Prime Minister of Canada, Canada's position around the world on many political topics, passport services and anything else you can think of.

You may visit this new service at Gov.CanadianContent.Net.

At the point in time, we have not indexed everything. We're still working out bugs in this service and testing out our limits of the indexing process. The government search service is not yet optimised for speed.

Why not try it out and tell us what you think? :duckie:

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I'm going to pass that on to members of my site as they are often trying to get their hands on government information (and the necks of politicians :))

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Re: Handy New Service

Thank you for your constant work to better this site, Andem!

This new service should come in quite handy.

May I suggest quick-links on the service's home page for key ministries and institutions such as the Supreme Court of Canada, the Department of Justice, and et cetera? If you would think such a thing to be prudent, I would be happy to compile a list of some useful sites.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
lmao I can appreciate the effort, Andem, but finding stuff directly from the Canadian gov't's website is like trying to find a set of pig's flippers. But who knows? Maybe this might make it easier. :)