Neighbourhood food bank says no thank you to Kraft Dinner

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
We just supply money. Partly because our local grocery chain matches the money and partly so the food bank can get what is most needed.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
We just supply money. Partly because our local grocery chain matches the money and partly so the food bank can get what is most needed.

I always thought it would a good idea to be able to prepay at grocery stores for food bank donations. Get a buck or two from everyone shopping, then the food bank staff could shop for what they need, the funds would be on account at the store.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I always thought it would a good idea to be able to prepay at grocery stores for food bank donations. Get a buck or two from everyone shopping, then the food bank staff could shop for what they need, the funds would be on account at the store.
Qualicum Foods does that. Our Lions club provides a couple G a year sa well. The local spud farmer gives them a couple of tons a year.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
I can't even stand looking at her. She always looks like she just sucked a lemon - and she probably doesn't eat kd because she's so full of brownies and pecan bars from bridgehead.