Need web volunteer/campaign help.

Pangloss

Council Member
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
Hey everyone:

I'm working on the election campaign of a first time candidate (Liberal) in our provincial election and I need, really need, a web/technology volunteer for the campaign office.

I'm pushing for short videos on his website and Facebook page (honestly, no Facebook page = major campaign liability) and need someone to lead the process. I will be interviewing the candidate on a bunch of issues and want to post 30 - 60 second spots.

You could do the editing and posting, or you could teach us how to do it.

We're in Calgary, and yes, I can arrange transportation if I have to.

Let's chat here, and if you're serious, pm me.

Pangloss

postscript - I really hope this doesn't cross the border into spam territory. Mods, if that is the case, please delete this thread without mercy.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
No problem Pangloss. All the best to you in your search and endeavour.

Pangloss

Council Member
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
I spent the morning firing all of his staff (except the office manager), and replacing them with one highly organized, committed and smart worker. . .the office manager.

Then we spent seven hours rewriting his campaign, media and fundraising strategies, creating to-do lists, e-mail media release lists. . .and then we got on to policies.

Man do I wanna get drunk.

Too much work to do.

More fun than a catamaran full of open minded flight attendants.

Ok, maybe not. . .

Pangloss

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
Pangloss, it does sound like a whack of hard work, but I can just tell by the way you've grabbed onto this project that it's something you can't NOT do... it's a challenge that's right up your alley, and that means you'll enjoy yourself, whether you like it or not, demmit.

Keep us posted, ok?

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
lol

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
True, but I'm also sincere...;-)

I like Pagloss, even despite the fact that he's a died in the wool Liberal and I believe a heavy left Libby at that.

He might be a Liberal, but at least he knows why he's a Liberal, not that someone told to be.

Am I making sense here?

Pangloss

Council Member
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
I've worked campaigns for Libs, NDP, Socred, independant, and Conservative. I work for the candidate, not the party.

I loathe parties and think they are the worst thing that could happen to parliamentary democracy. Every vote a free vote - coalitions should come and go with the issues.

Pangloss

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I've worked campaigns for Libs, NDP, Socred, independant, and Conservative. I work for the candidate, not the party.

I loathe parties and think they are the worst thing that could happen to parliamentary democracy. Every vote a free vote - coalitions should come and go with the issues.

Pangloss
I stand corrected and this is exactly why I like you and your opinions.

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
<--haha love that emotie - I'm stealing it.

so there.

oh sorry Pangloss - don't mean to hijack a perfectly respectable thread.... :p

as I was saying, please let us know how it's going - have you had any bites on your request for some techno help yet?

Pangloss

Council Member
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
Man, I'm blushing now. . .

I did get yelled at today by the . . .

Nope, I'm not gonna tell tales until after the election.

Why do I always wanna take aim right at my foot?

Pangloss

Pangloss

Council Member
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
No bites, I'll just bump this every once in a while over Saturday and see what happens.

I can do it myself (sort of) but what I really need to do is a whole bunch of strategy work and policy writing. . .create content and have others format it.

Division of labour and all that.

Pangloss

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Man, I'm blushing now. . .

I did get yelled at today by the . . .

Nope, I'm not gonna tell tales until after the election.

Why do I always wanna take aim right at my foot?

Pangloss
Ya, I'm like that too. But I'm a terrible shot and I have size 15 feet, so sometimes it's just nice to actually hit something...

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Different people come on at different times of the day Pang... bump away.

I wish I could help, but, I haven't a clue.