Need a recipe!

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
One of my great standby salads is a japanese cabbage salad, full of bean sprouts, seeds, mushrooms, with a soy vinaigrette. But I think the dressing and cabbage would be a bit too strong for lobster.

I'm kind of leaning toward the cucumber based salads. I know I can get some cukes at the farmer's market for cheap (and they're SO tasty). I'm thinking a citrusy vinaigrette (possibly with some dill) over cukes, red peppers, roma tomatoes, onions.... might make for just the ticket.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
I'm really disappointed in myself. I should have been all over the tossed salad deal.

Hope you enjoy your party Karrie.;-)

Go with the cukes.:p

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Okay, so, the salad for the party I totally lazed out on. A box of mixed greens, some peppers, cukes, onion, all slathered in a lemon poppyseed dressing. It was a HUGE hit. Sorry I forgot to come back and say what I'd made. lol.

But, Monday night's salad is what brought me back to this thread. It was

iceberg lettuce
snap peas
red peppers
onion
sprouted bean assortment
soy ginger dressing (president's choice)

Super simple, impromptu salad which my kids turned their noses up as I was making it. But once they got eating it (the house rule is that whatever mom serves, you can pick one thing to pick out of it, but you have to eat the rest), they devoured it ALL. The sprouted beans had them worried, but once they got eating they LOVED them. Something new and interesting to add to salads, and they'd like to try their hand at growing them ourselves.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Mmmm. Sounds like it was good. I love mixed greens or spring mix for salad. Is the lemon Poppyseed dressing store bought or whipped up at home?

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Mmmm. Sounds like it was good. I love mixed greens or spring mix for salad. Is the lemon Poppyseed dressing store bought or whipped up at home?

store bought, president's choice. It was really good. I was really running short on time that day, making my own dressing and risking having it not be 'perfect' was just out of the question. When I saw the lemon poppyseed, I knew right away that a citrus zip was just the ticket for a lobster dinner.