Nanaimo's naked bungee jump for mental health

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Probably entirely true. If your only experience with many of those little places is sitting in the local coffee shop then you're not going to have the same impression as people who take advantage of the surrounding areas.

And i'm sure some areas are better than others. If you're spending all your time hanging with good friends doing stuff in the woods or on the water or in your backyards with the families etc then you're going to have a very different experience than someone who doesnt know anyone there and only hangs out 'downtown'.

Well historically that's true all over the world so it certainly is entirely plausible. When people don't have a lot of opportunity they tend to turn to drugs and other similar things.

Mind you I know a lot of people who can work from home have moved there (housing is cheaper), and that was happening even before covid. I have a buddy who works for an american magazine company who lives there, makes great cash but doesn't need to go 'into an office'. I wonder if that trend will affect places like nanaimo more over time.
Have you need to Winnipeg? The Island is Winnipeg with a touch of Thunder Bay and Dryden stretched out in the midst of the Pacific.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Have you need to Winnipeg? The Island is Winnipeg with a touch of Thunder Bay and Dryden stretched out in the midst of the Pacific.
So you don't like winnipeg either. I've stayed up laughing with the chefs at some little hole in the wall my uncle stumbled on past closing more than once, met a tonne of great people, loved the family house on the red and had great times there and at the parks etc, and there's some absolutely insane eating if you know where to look. Winnipeg is a great little place. IF you know how to have fun and get along with people. Yeah, i know they've got crime issues but it's not hard to avoid that.

Can't say i've been to thunder bay. But i have been from one tip of the island to the other by sea and land. The island has a LOT to offer. Been all over the gulf islands too, and they're pretty amazing.

I think we need to get you out more and teach you how to have some fun and find the cool stuff in an area. I mean - this is still a thread about naked people bungee jumping and you're obsessing over winnipeg and thunder bay :) That CAN'T be a good sign!

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
So you don't like winnipeg either. I've stayed up laughing with the chefs at some little hole in the wall my uncle stumbled on past closing more than once, met a tonne of great people, loved the family house on the red and had great times there and at the parks etc, and there's some absolutely insane eating if you know where to look. Winnipeg is a great little place. IF you know how to have fun and get along with people. Yeah, i know they've got crime issues but it's not hard to avoid that.

Can't say i've been to thunder bay. But i have been from one tip of the island to the other by sea and land. The island has a LOT to offer. Been all over the gulf islands too, and they're pretty amazing.

I think we need to get you out more and teach you how to have some fun and find the cool stuff in an area. I mean - this is still a thread about naked people bungee jumping and you're obsessing over winnipeg and thunder bay :) That CAN'T be a good sign!
The Island is a great place , but like all great places there are exceptions . Nanaimhole and Port al Turkey are examples .

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
No, one just needs to be able to make friends and enjoy the outdoors and be somewhat rational. So. You hated it huh.
My wife and I made plenty of friends but we didn't get drunk and frolic. Friends do nothing to erase the blight that is Nanaimo. It changes nothing.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
My wife and I made plenty of friends but we didn't get drunk and frolic. Friends do nothing to erase the blight that is Nanaimo. It changes nothing.
LOL - sure you did :) sounds like what needs to change is you.