My City is Mulling a 6 Bag Limit on Garbage Day

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
If you go over the limit, you will be charged for each extra bag of garbage that you put to the curb.

They tried this in some cities in Quebec, and people started driving out to county roads to dump their garbage bags in the ditch at the side of the highway.

It really just punishes large families. They've already reduced the garbage pick-up from weekly to every two weeks...and now this proposal.

I'm in a family of four and we recycle a lot...but still quite often have more than 6 bags on garbage day.

Thoughts?

harrylee

Man of Memes
Mar 22, 2019
Ontario
6 full sized garbage bags or 6 kitchen catcher bags?

6 full sized is a heap of garbage.....just sayin'

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
6 regular/ standard size garbage bags.

That amounts to only 3 bags per week...which isn't too excessive in my opinion.

I put 4 boxes of cardboard and paper to the curb last night. And I put out about 3 boxes of glass and plastic per week.

And yet we still quite often have to put out more than 6 garbage bags each week.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
If you go over the limit, you will be charged for each extra bag of garbage that you put to the curb.

They tried this in some cities in Quebec, and people started driving out to county roads to dump their garbage bags in the ditch at the side of the highway.

It really just punishes large families. They've already reduced the garbage pick-up from weekly to every two weeks...and now this proposal.

I'm in a family of four and we recycle a lot...but still quite often have more than 6 bags on garbage day.

Thoughts?
I had a friend in the US quite a few years ago now and they were only allowed 2 bags on garbage day where they lived and you had to buy special coloured bags. They were a family of 7.