Movie thread... any good suggestions on ones to see?

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
HP3 was part of my original plan, but plans have since changed. I'm not a big fan of these Harry Potter movies, but I did see Shrek II last night, it was HILARIOUS. It still wasn't as good as the first one IMHO.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Okay, I actually did go out to see Harry Potter 3 last night (Friday) at the Paramount in Toronto's core... It's sad to say that it didn't equal upto the first 2 of the franchaise. I don't suggest this as a go see in the theatre, but as a "Rent It" if you're a Harry Potter fan. I'm not, so I wouldn't recommend you waste your money at the theatre.

Cheers :)

ponygurl

Nominee Member
Jun 3, 2004
Ottawa
I don't think I'll take my youngest daughter. she is 5.. and I think the dementers will scare her. What do you think?

LuShes

Electoral Member
Mar 25, 2002
Kamloops, B.C.
www.canadiancontent.net
Sweet seen Shrek 2 last night...From what I all heard, it was gunna be really funny. But I didn't find it that funny. There was a few laughs. But it did have a very good plot and excellent graphics!

Well done! I can't wait for the 3rd :D

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Yeah - those dementor creatures or aliens.. or ghosts; whatever they were, look like they should be in a horror movie.. Maybe it will give her nightmares.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Ahah!

I think I'm gonna download the Shrek II soundtrack too, nice :)

That movie ROCKED :D I totally want another sequel. I have to say, I still like the first one better ;p

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Now I'm waiting for the next sequel of Shrek. But until then, I'm going to rate the movie's I've seen in theatres (haha, or not in theatres):

- Shrek II: Hilarious! Worth the $14.00 ticket + $8.95 popcorn and $5.00 Pepsi.

- Harry Potter III: Uhmm, boring and horrible compared to HPII, I have not seen the first one of the franchaise.

- The day after tomorrow: Ok, I was supposed to see this movie with someone, but after reading the reviews on IMDB.com, we decided to forget that... Well, he got dragged to see it and it was just horrible! Not even worth the $5.00 Pepsi.

- Troy: Ugh, boring, boring, boring. Maybe it was because I saw a screener version, not in the theatre, but this movie just sucked. As another thread says, very hollywoodised and probably not worth your time!

- Mean Girls: Ok, I thought this movie was kind of funny. I had my laughs and that was it. Not exactly witty, kind of lacking a really good storyline and one might say hollow, this movie is good for laughs. That's about it!

cookies

Jun 1, 2004
www.cellphones.ca
I'm in Andem's shoes now.. I need a good suggestion for a movie to watch,... I got movie passes that I can't even use since I don't have a clue on what to watch...

I wathed:

ShrekII - hilarious
Troy - boring... (Big dissapointment)
The Day After Tomorrow.. (No Brainer)

I somehow don't like the HP series..

That should narrow down the suggestions... ::D:

Thanks guys and gals!

Vincent_2002

Electoral Member
Mar 27, 2002
Montréal, Quebec
I agree with Andem and cookies. ALL of those movies were very very disappointing, and I have not yet seen Shrek 2.

Troy was a big waste of money at the theatre. The Day After Tomorrow was even worse. Horrible, horrible movies.

Andem: Is your rank not Obsessive Compulsive or am I seeing things?

Diamond Sun

Council Member
Jun 11, 2004
Within arms reach of the new baby..
If there's anything I like to do, it's watch movies. Oh and read books, but I'm guessing there's a book thread in here somewhere too.

I just saw Shrek II last night, and I think it was really quite good. The animation is pretty amazing. I read that each single strange of Prince Charming's hair was individually animated. The plot was good, but I did feel at times that it was trying too hard to be funny.

For the big budget films on video right now, I think Master and Commander was pretty good, or the Last Samurai.

If you like a good date movie, Along Came Polly was really cute. Good cuddle movie.

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Anybody see 'Run Lola Run'? Helluva good movie. The music that runs through it keeps you on edge the whole time.

For the retro movie watcher, have you seen 'Miracle Mile', a sci-fi 80s cult favourite.