Movie thread... any good suggestions on ones to see?

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
peapod said:
it was like poking a sleeping tiger :p

Ahh, but is it ever really wise to poke a sleeping tiger unless you're well-prepared, like the proverbial boy scout? Fortunately, you mistook a sleeping sheep for a tiger. Then again, what is it they say about wolves and sheep?
:cool:

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
RE: Movie thread... any g

Just watched Farenheit 911. My god, what a movie. I'm not a big crier but that one brought me to tears. Anybody else seen it??

Now I understand that bumpersticker "Lesbians against Bush"

Acutally, it's not a joking matter. It was amazing.

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
I liked both the above movies. No, actually, I out and out loved Fahrenheit 911. Sad that it only preached to the saved.

We watched Day After Tomorrow and loved it. It was thoroughly panned by the critics, I think they wanted it to be a more serious look at what we're doing to the environment and instead it was just a classic, fun, cheesy disaster flick.

Good special effects, and although long did not seem too long at all. It did, however, lack the two absolute requirements of any truly cheesy end-of-the-world disaster flick, the Golden Gate Bridge has to get it, and the solution to whatever is destroying the earth must be fixed with a nuclear device (classically killing off a main character who must be at Ground Zero at time of detonation).