Microsoft Edge - Nothing but problems

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
So.............my laptop was updating the other day and the next thing I knew Microsoft Edge was trying to install on it. I was lucky enough to delete it before it took over. Read too many articles about all the problems it is causing. Does anyone here run it? Are you experiencing problems. Thought it was pretty darn sneaky of them to try and force it on me when I reject every single pop-up that wants me to.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
So.............my laptop was updating the other day and the next thing I knew Microsoft Edge was trying to install on it. I was lucky enough to delete it before it took over. Read too many articles about all the problems it is causing. Does anyone here run it? Are you experiencing problems. Thought it was pretty darn sneaky of them to try and force it on me when I reject every single pop-up that wants me to.
edge legacy will eventually be updated to edge chrome. i was kind of hoping that edge legacy would be updated to edge firefox. 💡 oh well. :(

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
I got a new system that had Edge on it and I f*cking hated it. At least once a day the f*cking thing locked up on me so badly the only way to shut it down is to cut the power completely. Not exactly a great way to power down and reboot one's system. Got rid of Edge and installed Firefox. No more lock ups. Although for now I'm still using my old Windows 8.x system. It's slowly shitting the bed. One of my cooling fans is shot, half the RAM no longer works and the graphics card has been on life support for about 5 years now. And it's old enough that it's not really worth rebuilding. But my new computer is used solely for gaming until this one finally gives up the ghost. I'm a firm believer in using stuff until it no longer works. Unlike a number of leftards who are in fact consumerist hogs.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I got a new system that had Edge on it and I f*cking hated it. At least once a day the f*cking thing locked up on me so badly the only way to shut it down is to cut the power completely. Not exactly a great way to power down and reboot one's system. Got rid of Edge and installed Firefox. No more lock ups. Although for now I'm still using my old Windows 8.x system. It's slowly shitting the bed. One of my cooling fans is shot, half the RAM no longer works and the graphics card has been on life support for about 5 years now. And it's old enough that it's not really worth rebuilding. But my new computer is used solely for gaming until this one finally gives up the ghost. I'm a firm believer in using stuff until it no longer works. Unlike a number of leftards who are in fact consumerist hogs.
My old Acer laptop has never given me a moment of trouble Jin and like you, I will use it until it dies on me. Also use Firefox and never had any problems with it either.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Edge is a little more twitchy, and tends to "not responding" at least once a day, I found most microsoft aps are doing that now including office, just gotta sit back let it get caught up and giver again ;)

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
are all of you using the latest version? if not that could explain why you all are having problems. :( :confused:
Settings
Search settings
About
Microsoft Edge
Version 91.0.864.64 (Official build) (64-bit)
Update policies are configured but will be ignored because this device isn't domain joined.
Microsoft Edge is up to date.
Download Updates over metered connections
Automatically download updates over metered networks (for example, cellular network) and apply them on browser restart. Charges may apply.
This browser is made possible by the Chromium open source project and other open source software.
Microsoft Edge
© 2021 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Terms of use - Privacy statement - Microsoft services agreement

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Yep every upgrade brings a little more not responding, not sure if edge, office, teams and outlook use shared programing but when one glitches they all pretty much do at the same time.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
sounds like firefox gives less trouble than chrome. perhaps there should be a firefox os. 💡