Man, woman from Winnipeg charged in death of RCMP officer

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I doubt they are at the PCC in remand but in the RCMP cells next to Depot where they train cadets to give shut kickings.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
There seems to be some details missing here. Did the suspects "accidentally" run over the constable? If not and it was on purpose then I'm not sure how it's not vehicular homicide.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Manslaughter. They did gun it and ran over the mountie. The injuries induced cardiac arrest which was the cause of death.

Keepers of the Earth

41-year-old Alphonse Stanley Traverse, from Winnipeg, Manitoba, has been charged with:

• Manslaughter, Section 236(b) of the Criminal Code;
  • Failure to stop after an accident resulting in death, Section 320.16(3) of the Criminal Code;
  • Theft of a motor vehicle, Section 333.1(1) of the Criminal Code;
  • Possession of stolen property over $5000, Section 354(1) of the Criminal Code;
  • Breach of undertaking – Leaving the Province of Manitoba, Section 145(4) of the Criminal Code.
42-year-old Marlene Velma Louise Pagee, from Winnipeg, Manitoba, has been charged with:

• Manslaughter, Section 236(b) of the Criminal Code;
  • Failure to stop after an accident resulting in death, Section 320.16(3) of the Criminal Code;
  • Theft of a motor vehicle, Section 333.1(1) of the Criminal Code;
  • Possession of stolen property over $5000, Section 354(1) of the Criminal Code;
  • Possession of a controlled substance, Section 4(1) of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act;
  • Breach of undertaking – Possession of controlled substance, Section 145(4) of the Criminal Code.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
There seems to be some details missing here. Did the suspects "accidentally" run over the constable? If not and it was on purpose then I'm not sure how it's not vehicular homicide.
The charges can be upgraded at any time. I don't think they can be downgraded. So go with what you can prove now. If they can prove it was deliberate with intent, it is 2nd degree. I think manslaughter is > vehicular homicide but I am not a lawyer.