Luciano Pavarotti

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
Not everyone likes to listen to opera music, but to say you do not feel some emotion when Pavoratti sings, when he hits the high notes... is like saying you do not feel wet when in the shower, or that you do not feel warm when standing in the hot sun.

We human beings are capable of things that are unimaginably wonderfull and joyous... thank you, Luciano

May 28, 2007
Honour our Fallen
I love opera....i own the three tenors on VHS....i hook it up to the speakers and just go there....
i have some pavaroti cd's and a Maria Callas cd....serious peeps i'm a huge fan of opera....got a bunch on this thing as well....I love Maria Callas doing Lakme....thats that british airways ad thing and you can hear it in the movie the Hunger with Bowie

Pavaroti lived his life to the fullest......For him the stage was his whole life, 2 years ago he did his finale....His life was over then, i would think ....i know that might seem harsh...but the man was the epitome of modern opera....he really had a good life....

May 28, 2007
Honour our Fallen
He took a lot of heat for doing stuff with rock stars and stuff....he looked at it as opening up borders to people and bringing happiness in a world that needed it....he was a good guy.....

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
moisty-eyed all over again

Well thats more replies than I thought would be here, thanks ya'll.

I am getting moisty-eyed all over again

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
My daughter came home from school, and said "Mom [my classmate]'s mom was crying when she came to drop her off this morning. The teacher asked what was wrong, and she said one of her friends, a person she sang with a few times, died. He was an important singer."

Apparently this woman had actually performed with him. Stood on stage, and sang with him. It gives me chills to think, if he had that kind of power when you were listening to him, how awe inspiring it would be to stand next to him, sing with him. I can't even imagine what it would be like to lose that kind of magic.