Let's go Cubs.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Now Arizona Cardinals have longest sports drought. Next is the Indians.

Longest in NHL of course is the Toronto Maple Leafs (but #11 overall).

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Ludlow............you gotta watch this video......sorry I can't seem to post vids..........but a click will take you right to the vid. Ludlow, I had tears in my eyes and joy in my heart watching it.............and I'm a wagon jumper. :smile:

Eddie Vetter Fly the W - Bing video
I like that. Thank you Mowich. :).

Now Arizona Cardinals have longest sports drought. Next is the Indians.

Longest in NHL of course is the Toronto Maple Leafs (but #11 overall).
Most of that time they were the St. Louis Cardinals. I don't look for them to break the draught soon.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Came home from work and immediately sat down to watch a replay of the game.........had to relive it just one more time.

Following that with Tim and Sid who are all about Game 7 right now...........really enjoy how they breakdown the game - highlighting the moments of utter despair followed by those of pure elation but not forgetting to include all those WTH! moments and decisions that could have easily seen the W go the other way.

Dexter Fowler - first lead-off homerun ever in Game 7 of the World Series

Chicago’s Anthony Rizzo, right, celebrated with Jason Heyward after scoring in the 10th inning.
Credit Ezra Shaw/Getty Images

"Hoyer understands what winning a championship means for the Cubs, and he had a message for Chicagoans.

"Enjoy it -- just enjoy it," Hoyer said. "There's no curses -- there never was a curse. It's about having the best team and playing well over seven games in a World Series, and we did that. Enjoy it. The Cubs are no different than any other team. When we're the best team, we can win, and we were the best team."

"Hoyer: 'It's about this city and the fans who have stuck by this team forever'"

Cubs win World Series after 108 years waiting | MLB.com

"But 2016 was the 108th year after their last title, and a baseball is sewn together with 108 stitches. This had to be the year."

www.nytimes.com/2016/11/02/sports/world-series-score-cubs-indians.html?_r=0

Great article and breakdown of the game in the NY Times.

A final nod to Cubbies fans who though partying and celebrating through night did so for the most part without causing mayhem.

Thank you spam.........you came through for me again..........Rock on friend. :smile:

I like that. Thank you Mowich. :).

Thought you might. You are most welcome, Ludlow. :smile:

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Thank you spam.........you came through for me again..........Rock on friend. :smile:

WATCH: Cubs fan gets one-punched shortly after World Series win
POSTMEDIA NETWORK
First posted: Thursday, November 03, 2016 06:41 PM EDT | Updated: Thursday, November 03, 2016 06:55 PM EDT
The Cleveland Indians may have been knocked out of contention Wednesday, losing in Game 7 of the World Series, but one Chicago Cubs fan woke up Thursday in a worse condition.
That's because said fan was on the wrong end of an actual, physical KO.
A video posted to Twitter just before 1 a.m. Thursday shows a man in a "Cleveland against the world" t-shirt one-punching a fan wearing a Cubs jersey just outside Progressive Field in Cleveland.
"I heard these two people arguing," Chris Vallimont, the man who filmed the fight, told The Washington Post.
“Naturally, I just looked over, and both men were getting very heated and started saying stuff they probably shouldn’t have. And then they both said, like, do you want to fight right now?”
Police identified the victim as Alan Anderson. The 36-year-old was transported to a local hospital to be treated for a head injury and cut to the mouth.
Anderson told authorities he did not want to file a report, and the attacker has not yet been identified, according to police.
Chalk this one up as a moral victory for the Indians fanbase.
A Cubs fan lies on the ground after being knocked out (Twitter screen grab)

http://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/794040386763313152
WATCH: Cubs fan gets one-punched shortly after World Series win | WATCH | Baseba

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
For me, the celebrating of a world championship isn't over until I watch the parade and the rally thus it was that I tuned into the sportsnet today to watch Chicago celebrate their beloved Cubbies - and they did it up in style, they did - even dyeing a portion of the river blue. Reportedly 5 million fans were in attendance today - Rock On Cubbie fans.

Dexter Fowler, Anthony Rizzo, Jon Lester and David Ross sing "Go, Cubs, Go" on Nov. 4, 2016, as the Chicago Cubs celebrate their World Series championship with a rally in Grant Park.

Chicago Cubs Chairman Tom Ricketts speaks alongside siblings and fellow Cubs owners Laura Ricketts and Todd Ricketts on Nov. 4, 2016, as the Chicago Cubs celebrate their World Series championship with a rally at Grant Park in Chicago.

Chicago Cubs President Theo Epstein speaks Nov. 4, 2016, as the Cubs celebrate their World Series championship with a rally at Grant Park.

Chicago Cubs manager Joe Maddon holds the Commissioner's Trophy on Nov. 4, 2016, as the Chicago Cubs celebrate their World Series championship with a rally at Grant Park.

The Chicago River is dyed blue near Michigan Avenue on Nov. 4, 2016, in honor of the Chicago Cubs' historic World Series win.

Well done Chicago

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
For me, the celebrating of a world championship isn't over until I watch the parade and the rally thus it was that I tuned into the sportsnet today to watch Chicago celebrate their beloved Cubbies - and they did it up in style, they did - even dyeing a portion of the river blue. Reportedly 5 million fans were in attendance today - Rock On Cubbie fans.

Dexter Fowler, Anthony Rizzo, Jon Lester and David Ross sing "Go, Cubs, Go" on Nov. 4, 2016, as the Chicago Cubs celebrate their World Series championship with a rally in Grant Park.

Chicago Cubs Chairman Tom Ricketts speaks alongside siblings and fellow Cubs owners Laura Ricketts and Todd Ricketts on Nov. 4, 2016, as the Chicago Cubs celebrate their World Series championship with a rally at Grant Park in Chicago.

Chicago Cubs President Theo Epstein speaks Nov. 4, 2016, as the Cubs celebrate their World Series championship with a rally at Grant Park.

Chicago Cubs manager Joe Maddon holds the Commissioner's Trophy on Nov. 4, 2016, as the Chicago Cubs celebrate their World Series championship with a rally at Grant Park.

The Chicago River is dyed blue near Michigan Avenue on Nov. 4, 2016, in honor of the Chicago Cubs' historic World Series win.

Well done Chicago
Yeah that's pretty cool.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Steve Bartman gifted World Series Ring
Postmedia Network
First posted: Monday, July 31, 2017 02:09 PM EDT | Updated: Monday, July 31, 2017 02:13 PM EDT
The most reviled man in Chicago will finally be getting his due.
The Chicago Cubs gave Steve Bartman -- yes, that Steve Bartman -- a 2016 World Series championship ring as an "olive branch" of sorts, according to WGN.
The Ricketts family, which owns the Cubs, decided to gift Bartman with the ring 14 years after one of the most infamous incidents in sports history.
Bartman, who took on the status of Public Enemy No. 1 in Chicago after interfering with outfielder Moises Alou making a catch on a foul ball down the left field line late in Game 6 of the 2003 NLCS against the Florida Marlins, received the ring from team owner Tom Ricketts, Cubs president of baseball operations Theo Epstein, and president of operations Crane Kenney.
The diamond-encrusted ring includes Bartman's name on the side.
No photos of the gift-giving were taken, but after receiving the ring, Bartman did release a statement:
“Although I do not consider myself worthy of such an honor, I am deeply moved and sincerely grateful to receive an official Chicago Cubs 2016 World Series Championship ring. I am fully aware of the historical significance and appreciate the symbolism the ring represents on multiple levels. My family and I will cherish it for generations. Most meaningful is the genuine outreach from the Ricketts family, on behalf of the Cubs organization and fans, signifying to me that I am welcomed back into the Cubs family and have their support going forward. I am relieved and hopeful that the saga of the 2003 foul ball incident surrounding my family and me is finally over.
I humbly receive the ring not only as a symbol of one of the most historic achievements in sports, but as an important reminder for how we should treat each other in today’s society. My hope is that we all can learn from my experience to view sports as entertainment and prevent harsh scapegoating, and to challenge the media and opportunistic profiteers to conduct business ethically by respecting personal privacy rights and not exploit any individual to advance their own self-interest or economic gain.
Moreover, I am hopeful this ring gesture will be the start of an important healing and reconciliation process for all involved. To that end, I request the media please respect my privacy, and the privacy of my family. I will not participate in interviews or further public statements at this time.
Words alone cannot express my heartfelt thanks to the Ricketts family, Crane Kenney, Theo Epstein, and the entire
Cubs organization for this extraordinary gift, and for providing the City of Chicago and Cubs fans everywhere an
unforgettable World Championship in 2016. I am happy to be reunited with the Cubs family and positively moving
forward with my life."
In this Oct. 14, 2003, file photo, Chicago Cubs left fielder Moises Alou reaches into the stands unsuccessfully for a foul ball, as Cubs fan Steve Bartman also reaches for the ball, during the eighth inning during Game 6 of the National League championship series against the Florida Marlins at Wrigley Field in Chicago. Cubs manager Joe Maddon's young team has the chance to chart a new course for the Cubs when they play the Pirates at Pittsburgh on Wednesday, Oct. 7, 2015, in the wild-card game. (AP Photo/Amy Sancetta, File)

Steve Bartman gifted World Series Ring | MLB | Baseball | Sports | Toronto Sun

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Hold my nachos: New Jersey governor Chris Christie gets in Cubs fan's face in Milwaukee
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
First posted: Monday, July 31, 2017 10:25 AM EDT | Updated: Monday, July 31, 2017 11:30 AM EDT
MILWAUKEE — Another ballpark brouhaha for Chris Christie.
Carrying a basket of nachos, the New Jersey governor was caught on video confronting a Chicago Cubs fan during Sunday’s game against the Milwaukee Brewers.
The video circulating on Twitter showed Christie leaning over to nearly get in the man’s face at Miller Park, holding the order of nachos in his left hand.
“You’re a big shot,” Christie says before walking down the stairs. It was not known what caused the tiff.
Christie was loudly booed on July 18 at Citi Field in New York after snagging a foul ball during a game between the St. Louis Cardinals and Mets.
Christie was in Milwaukee this weekend to watch the Brewers and Cubs, and was at Friday night’s series opener. His son, Andrew, works in the Brewers’ baseball operations department.
New Jersey governor Chris Christie got into a fan's face in Milwaukee.

http://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/892025828292280322
www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqK4bvLJU78
Hold my nachos: New Jersey governor Chris Christie gets in Cubs fan's face in Mi

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Rain delay turns into hilarious battle of the bullpens
POSTMEDIA NETWORK
First posted: Friday, August 04, 2017 10:47 AM EDT | Updated: Friday, August 04, 2017 10:53 AM EDT
Thursday night’s game at Wrigley Field between the Cubs and Diamondbacks had plenty of highlights but none as jaw-dropping as the battle between the bullpens during suspended play.
During the top of the second inning, the first of three rain delays was called and the grounds crew pulled the tarp over the field only to have one of the crew members trip up and go all Slip n’ Slide before crawling his way out.
If that wasn’t enough entertainment in lieu of baseball, the two teams’ bullpens, watching each other via television monitors, left the crowd thoroughly entertained with an epic battle while they waited for the weather to clear.
The two sides called out the other proclaiming, ‘it’s on!’
Arizona’s T.J. McFarland put his uniform upside-down and backwards before the rest of the D-backs relief guys pulled the old four-man bobsled act. They were a little out of sync but didn’t crash on any of the corners.
The Cubs’ pitchers put on animal masks. Why were they on hand? Who knows! While young arm Carl Edwards Jr. decided to sit back and relax and go fishing for teammates. He caught a big one.
There was even some ropin’ that would have done the Calgary Stampede proud.
The Diamondbacks ended up holding on for a 10-8 win over the Cubs. There was no official scoring for the sideshow.
Unfortunately, with a roof over their heads, Jays’ fans probably won’t be seeing their late-inning guys pulling such antics anytime soon — at least at the Rogers Centre.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0fX9ulzoVo
http://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/893241014294597633
Rain delay turns into hilarious battle of the bullpens | WATCH | Baseball | Spor