Let's go Cubs.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Trevor Bauer is out for the Tribe with the bases still loaded and only 1 way........Heyward at the plate

Heyward strikes out - 2 away

Javier Baez up next

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
count 2 and 2 on Javier...................and he flies out to center for the final out

Joe making a pitching change..........Carl Edwards Jr to the mound to face Napoli......1 and 1 the count........fouls away.......1 and 2.........2 and 2.....and he strikes him out 1 away

Rameriz swings and misses.........hits next pitch foul......0 and 2......high ball for 1 and 2........low ball 2 and 2........and he's tagged out at first.........2 away

3 and 0 to ?..........3 and 1............and the runner walks as Davis comes to the plate

Davis takes a ball..............Dyer scores on a hit by Davis............and Edwards is done

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Mike Montgomery on the mound........strike 1 to Rameriz..........and he's out at first

The Cubbies just won the World Series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Outstanding series by both teams and an absolutely fantastic win by the Cubs.............I am so happy for long time fans

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
gopher; said:
in all my years of watching/playing/coaching baseball, there was an unwritten rule = never keep the third baseman off the bag late in the game - keep him as close to it as possible to avoid a double - Indians broke that rule and you see what happened ...

the turning point definitely being when Cleveland coach broke the cardinal rule about taking the 3B off the bag late in the game and allowing the double down the line - baseball has long had these unwritten rules & it just proves that the old rules always were true

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Apparently God hates (and rightly so I might add) Cleveland (the Mistake by the Lake) more than the Cubs. Last won World Series in 1948. Only other appearance was in 1997 where they lost game 7 in extra innings to Florida (the first ever wildcard series winner). I think they now have the longest postseason (at least baseball) drought.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
That rain delay?...............it was simply the Gods of Baseball announcing that the 108 year drought.............was over.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I used to be in the Cubs as a kid. I loved playing with my woggle when there wasn't much else to do.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
I used to be in the Cubs as a kid. I loved playing with my woggle when there wasn't much else to do.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
It's nice to see the city of Chicago and the thousands of fans in Arizona , the spring home of the Cubs , celebrating a world championship that has been so long in coming. No more, "maybe next year". Very happy my Cubbies finally pulled it off. :).

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
It's nice to see the city of Chicago and the thousands of fans in Arizona , the spring home of the Cubs , celebrating a world championship that has been so long in coming. No more, "maybe next year". Very happy my Cubbies finally pulled it off. :).

Ludlow............you gotta watch this video......sorry I can't seem to post vids..........but a click will take you right to the vid. Ludlow, I had tears in my eyes and joy in my heart watching it.............and I'm a wagon jumper. :smile:

Eddie Vetter Fly the W - Bing video