Legault describes EMSB as 'disconnected' and 'radical' after Bill 96 challenge details revealed

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Well, if Ontario secedes, that'd pretty much solve all the stuff I hear the Men of Westernesse whining about.
No, Quebec needs to go. And I say that as an Ontarian. However, Quebec's idea of "independence" is the equivalent of a teenager seeking their independence by moving out of their bedroom and into mommy and daddy's basement. Quebec laughingly calls it "Sovereignty-Association". In other words they want to be an "independent" state while still leeching off the ROC. They expect they'll be able to continue using the Bank of Canada, Canadian currency, Canada's military assets in Quebec, etc etc. In other words they want all the benefits of being part of Canada without having to be "part of Canada".

But they don't have to do that now. The Govt and Opposition Parties have given their consent for Quebec to go full nationalist while still remaining a full part of Canada. If you can't see the difference between the shit in Quebec and Western Canada then you ain't trying to.

Apparently Groper-boy isn't all that concerned about right-wing extremism in Canada after all. Ohhhh but it's to protect the French culture. Yeah. that's what Hitler said about the Jews (and others) in regards to Germany. To protect German culture and purity.

Which is why I keep saying it should no longer be Quebec's choice. The ROC should hold a referendum to see if we're still willing to put up with Quebec's shit. And it would be a FULL booting, no "association" bullshit.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Yep, but remember, the Quebecois don't consider themselves to be actual Canadians (except when it's time to mooch off the ROC) but as a distinct society/nation within Canada and therefore are not subjected to the Canadian Constitution or Charter of Rights and Freedoms. What Quebec is trying to do is pur laine nationalism. We keep getting yapped at that Canada is a multicultural country yet Quebec is permitted to fight for the right to remain staunchly uni-cultural. Christ dude, if one of the Western provinces tried that shit the Groper govt would fly into a virtue signaling tizzy over it.
How much do you think that if one of the Western provinces tried that "shit" that they'd be accused of being "white supremists?" I would bet at LEAST a buck that would be the headline of every Liberal Newspaper in the Country!! Just sayin....

Reactions: Jinentonix

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
How much do you think that if one of the Western provinces tried that "shit" that they'd be accused of being "white supremists?" I would bet at LEAST a buck that would be the headline of every Liberal Newspaper in the Country!! Just sayin....
Cause we are , I am apparently the biggest racist on these boards .

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
No, Quebec needs to go.
Well, yeah! That goes without saying.

Quebec's been a pain in the ass literally all my life. Seems to me if English Canada (just the language, not a racial or cultural shot) don't want Quebec, and Quebec don't want Canada, an amicable divorce is the best solution. Might could end up as close and comfy allies once they get a little space from each other, like some divorced couples do.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Well, yeah! That goes without saying.

Quebec's been a pain in the ass literally all my life. Seems to me if English Canada (just the language, not a racial or cultural shot) don't want Quebec, and Quebec don't want Canada, an amicable divorce is the best solution. Might could end up as close and comfy allies once they get a little space from each other, like some divorced couples do.
The problem is Quebec doesn't believe in being amicable unless they get everything they want. If one of the US states was somehow successful in seceding from the Union, what do you think the odds are that the US govt will continue to prop them up financially and economically? And yet that's what Quebec demands from the ROC if/when they separate.
Let me cite you an example of just how stupid all this is. Air Canada is headquartered in Quebec, It is actually illegal for them to relocate their HQ to another province without the Feds changing the laws in that regard. Keep in mind that while AC was a quasi Crown corporation for decades, it is NOW a fully private enterprise. And for decades, every goddam jet that AC flew was maintained in one county in Quebec, No sharing the job wealth with the ROC there. And even though AC is now a private enterprise, the Fed refuses to rescind the Bilingual Language Act when it comes to AC.

What we're seeing in Canada is communo-fascism and gross Quebecois nationalism all thanks to Groper's daddy. Like I've said elsewhere, Official Bilingualism all but ensures the PMs come from Quebec, thus making sure Quebec's interests come before the ROC. Canada doesn't need election reform, it needs a full-on govt reform.
And keep in mind all of this is happening in the PMs home province. A PM who has routinely fear mongered about "right wing extremists" and "nationalism" being an existential threat to Canada. Obviously he was referring only to English Canada because Quebecois right wing extremism and nationalism are righteously vital to protect the French culture of the province. Heard that excuse from extremists before, "It's vital to protect our culture and national purity."

I dunno man, maybe it's time for the rest of Canada's provinces to whip out the notwithstanding clause and claim "English only".