Larry King, American talk show host, dead at 87

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
It was his guests that were important:
;)
...his job was to make THEM interesting.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Naw, It wasn't him or them, it's probably you. But hey, watching the boob tube will do that to a person.
;)
You can always turn the sound off for the programming and just enjoy the commercials though.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Larry King's primary cause of death revealed
Author of the article:WENN - World Entertainment News Network
Publishing date:Feb 15, 2021 • 11 hours ago • 1 minute read

Larry King poses for portrait as the Friars Club and Crescent Hotel honours him for his 86th birthday at Crescent Hotel in Beverly Hills, Calif., Nov. 25, 2019. PHOTO BY RODIN ECKENROTH /Getty Images / Files
Article content
Veteran newsman Larry King’s primary cause of death was sepsis, his death certificate has confirmed.

The iconic TV host passed away at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles on Jan. 23, at the age of 87, after contracting coronavirus.

And after his estranged wife, Shawn King, insisted the legendary broadcaster had “beat” the virus but couldn’t overcome an infection, People has obtained Larry’s death certificate, which suggests he suffered from underlying health conditions, acute hypoxic respiratory failure and kidney failure, which led to sepsis.

After his passing, Shawn said, “It was an infection, it was sepsis. Well, he was finally ready to go, I will tell you that.

“You know, he never wanted to go but his sweet little body was just… it had just been hit so many times with so many things and once we heard the word COVID, all of our hearts just sunk. But he beat it, you know, he beat it, but it did take its toll and then the unrelated infection finally is what took him, but boy, he was not gonna go down easily.”

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Larry King's wife planning to contest his will: Report
Author of the article:
WENN - World Entertainment News Network
Publishing date:
Feb 16, 2021 • 1 day ago • 2 minute read
(FILES) In this file photo taken on May 14, 2003, TV and radio interviewer Larry King and his wife Shawn Southwick arrive for the premiere of "Bruce Almighty" at Universal Citywalk in Los Angeles. - The iconic TV and radio interviewer Larry King died January 23, 2021, at the age of 87, his media company said. Ora Media did not state a cause of death but media reports said King had been battling Covid-19 for weeks and had suffered several health problems in recent years. (Photo by Chris DELMAS / AFP) (Photo by CHRIS DELMAS/AFP via Getty Images)
In this file photo taken on May 14, 2003, TV and radio interviewer Larry King and his wife Shawn Southwick arrive for the premiere of "Bruce Almighty" at Universal Citywalk in Los Angeles. Photo by CHRIS DELMAS /AFP via Getty Images
Article content

Larry King’s wife, Shawn Southwick King, reportedly plans to contest his will.

The 87-year-old broadcaster – who died last month – amended an official document detailing how he wanted his assets divided in the event of his death on Oct. 17, 2019, two months after he filed for divorce from his seventh wife, and left all of his fortune to his children, including two who passed away less than a year after he wrote the will.

However, according to Entertainment Tonight, Shawn – who was married to Larry for 22 years – is now planning to contest the will in court after being left out of it entirely.

The handwritten document requested all of Larry’s estate be divided equally among his offspring, Andy, 65, and Chaia, 51 – who died in July and August 2020 respectively – and Larry Jr., 59, Chance, 21, and Cannon, 20.

It stated: “This is my Last Will & Testament. It should replace all previous writings. In the event of my death, any day after the above date I want 100 per cent (written above illegible crossed-out words) of my funds to be divided equally among my children Andy, Chaia, Larry Jr., Chance & Cannon.”
Advertisement
Story continues below
This advertisement has not loaded yet, but your article continues below.
Article content

Larry Jr. has requested to be appointed administrator of his father’s estate, noting his dad was going through a divorce from the mother of his half-siblings at the time of his death.

Larry was hospitalized in December after contracting coronavirus, but Shawn previously revealed he had died of sepsis and had “beat” the virus before he passed away.

“It was an infection, it was sepsis. He was finally ready to go, I will tell you that,” she said. “You know, he never wanted to go, but his sweet little body was just, it had just been hit so many times with so many things, and once we heard the word COVID, all of our hearts just sunk. But he beat it, you know, he beat it, but it did take its toll, and then the unrelated infection finally is what took him, but boy, he was not gonna go down easily.”

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Larry King's widow files to be named executor of his estate
Author of the article:WENN - World Entertainment News Network
Publishing date:Apr 15, 2021 • 6 hours ago • 2 minute read • Join the conversation
In this file photo takenMay 14, 2003, TV and radio interviewer Larry King and his wife Shawn Southwick arrive for the premiere of "Bruce Almighty" at Universal Citywalk in Los Angeles.
In this file photo takenMay 14, 2003, TV and radio interviewer Larry King and his wife Shawn Southwick arrive for the premiere of "Bruce Almighty" at Universal Citywalk in Los Angeles. PHOTO BY CHRIS DELMAS /AFP via Getty Images / Files
Article content
Larry King’s estranged widow has filed a request to be named executor of his estate.

Shawn Southwick King filed documents to contest the veteran broadcaster’s handwritten will – which was filed in October 2019, two months after he filed for divorce – in February and has now submitted a Petition for Probate, which would ensure the validity of a 2015 will made by the veteran broadcaster and enable her to be “appointed as personal representative to administer the estate of the decedent” if approved.

Those who disagree with Shawn’s petition being granted can state their objections at a court hearing on 4 May.

King died in January aged 87 and his handwritten will requested his $2 million (C$2.51 million) estate be split evenly among his sons Larry, Jr., 59, Cannon, 20, and Chance, 21, as well as his late son, Andy, and late daughter, Chaia, who both passed away after the document was written.

It stated: “This is my Last Will & Testament. It should replace all previous writings. In the event of my death, any day after the above date I want 100 percent (placed above illegible cross-out) of my funds to be divided equally among my children Andy, Chaia, Larry Jr., Chance & Cannon.”

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

This advertisement has not loaded yet, but your article continues below.
Article content
Shawn was excluded from the revised will, which also appointed Larry Jr. as the new administrator, so she contested both the validity of the document and her stepson being named administrator.

The 61-year-old star insisted King had shown no “indication” he wanted their divorce to go ahead and they had even been attending counselling together with a view to repairing their relationship before his health declined.

Her court documents stated: “Larry was not pushing the divorce and was generally nonresponsive and refused to participate in the divorce proceeding. He gave no indication that he actually wanted to pursue divorce.

“After the filing, the parties had gone to counselling, were still speaking, and reconciliation remained possible until Larry’s health conditions made that impractical.”

She also claimed she was “actively involved” in King’s business dealings and has “the most knowledge” of his assets and wishes at the time of his death, which she contrasted with the lack of relationship 59-year-old Larry, Jr. had with his dad until he was in his 30s.

Shawn revealed she and King had drafted a Family Trust in 2015 that is “still in existence” and gave her “all the powers of the sole shareholder” for several of the reporter’s businesses.