Klein: "Harper too far Right..."

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Re: RE: Klein: "Harper too f

]
no1important said:
You know, it is beginning to appear to me that the Left Wing in this country is incredibly dishonest.

They smear the right every chance they get with baseless accusations of racism, or a "secret agenda'" of destroying Medicare. Then, when some people fall for the big lie, they use their fear as evidence that their lies are truth. Double think in it's purest form.

They misquote and play misleading word games.

They never discuss the issues in a serious, intelligent manner. They just want to smear and mislead. It is NOT a pretty sight.

Your title on this thread is a case in point.

I just watched Tony Valeri prove my point. In his reply to the Conservative motion of non-confidence, he stood in the House and quoted Ralph Klein as saying "Harper is too conservative".

I don't know, maybe I'm too much the idealist, but I am still shocked and very angered when a Minister of the Crown rises in the house and knowingly, blatantly, tells a bold-faced lie. Especially when that lie is a smear on another member.

Let's throw these bastards out.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Klein: "Harper too f

You simply want to trade your bastards for somebody else's bastards though, Colpy.

Klein said what he said and the entire quote was all over the news last night. Peter MacKay gave a lot of credence to Valeri's position with the "duct tape" remark he made in response to Klein's statement. Peter managed to do that a full day before Valeri said anything in the house.

Do you really think that the Liberals shouldn't seek political advantage when the Conservatives reveal their own ineptitude? Are you even trying to suggest that the Conservatives wouldn't do the same if the roles were reversed?

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
"You simply want to trade your bastards for somebody else's bastards though, Colpy."

If you have a choice in the matter, you be stupid to not want to. How many scandals do we need before we give up? You have to agree that even the NDP are starting to see these jokers for what they are.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

Reverend Blair said:
You simply want to trade your bastards for somebody else's bastards though, Colpy.

Klein said what he said and the entire quote was all over the news last night. Peter MacKay gave a lot of credence to Valeri's position with the "duct tape" remark he made in response to Klein's statement. Peter managed to do that a full day before Valeri said anything in the house.

Do you really think that the Liberals shouldn't seek political advantage when the Conservatives reveal their own ineptitude? Are you even trying to suggest that the Conservatives wouldn't do the same if the roles were reversed?

God, this is so simple.

Klein said Harper was SEEN as being too conservative.....and then expressed his hope Harper would win.

This is a world away from saying Harper IS too conservative.

Reading Comprehension, anyone?

And I mean Peter MacKay et al.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
God, this is so simple

It is simple. We're in the middle of an election campaign and one of your most visible supporters made a stupid statement in public. The leadership of your party instead of pointing out that Klein was talking about perceptions and how those perceptions may not be accurate (they are accurate, but that isn't part of this) chose to quip about putting duct tape over somebody's mouth. Now you guys are doing damage control.

I don't know about you, but I'm not comfortable with a political party that is that incompetent at politics. If you were elected, I get the feeling that you'd be spending more time doing damage control than governing.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
More time than the liberals spend on damage controll?

Roy

Electoral Member
Nov 23, 2005
Alberta
Klein should keep his mouth shut, hes just helping the Liberals by making stupid statements like that. He should know better. I mean I understand what he meant, and it was an absolutely logical statement, but he should know that there are alot of dumbass Canadians and spin machines that will turn it againt him.

I am actually looking forward to the end of the Klein empire in Alberta. Sure he did a great job in the first 2 terms but he is getting tiresome. I mean in this last provincial election he diden't even do any campaigning..lol. I want to see his predecessor.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
"I want to see his predecessor."

Any ideas on who that would be, Roy?

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Maybe they could find a "Margret Thatcher".

:lol:

Roy

Electoral Member
Nov 23, 2005
Alberta
I am not too sure who the next Premier of Alberta will be, but I know Klein will be stepping down sometime in 2006. hey maybe if Harper looses the Fed election, he should run for Premier or Alberta. :lol:

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca

Well that would be the only place he could run and get elected as premeir. But maybe he will stay on as an MP though and he would more than likely be offered a "Shadow Cabinet" position.

Roy

Electoral Member
Nov 23, 2005
Alberta

no1important said:
Well that would be the only place he could run and get elected as premeir. But maybe he will stay on as an MP though and he would more than likely be offered a "Shadow Cabinet" position.

yea your probably right :wink:

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

He could sit beside Stockwell Day and they could discuss how Moses rode around on a dinosaur.

My guess is that when Harper steps down, he'll take a position with either the NCC or The Fraser Institute. Either that, or he'll join Manning's new non-think tank.