King and Queen arrive in France for State Visit

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
GettyImages-1678064608.jpg

The King and Queen arrived in Paris yesterday to start a three-day State Visit.

It should have been their first State Visit of the reign, but was cancelled in March due to widespread riots in France, with their first State Visit instead being to Ireland.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Britain's King Charles III and his French counterpart President Macron yesterday laid a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier at the Arc de Triomphe in Paris as the British national anthem was played

The King and Queen yesterday received a warm welcome by President Macron and his wife at the Presidential Palace as Britain and France affirmed their friendship

During a banquet, King Charles III once again paid tribute to his mother Queen Elizabeth II

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Queen Camilla and her French counterpart First Lady Brigitte Macron strike up a friendship as they meet to launch a literary prize...

And the two even play each other at table tennis...

In slightly more serious matters, the King pledges to strengthen the relationship between his country and next door neighbour France...

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I'm not sure the Queen and a mere president's wife are "counterparts." I mean, sure, in the sense of "butt-warmer to the Head of State," but I'd hope "Queen" has a bit more heft to it.

Reactions: Taxslave2

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Fish and chips in Scotland is amazing. I'm serious. I wouldn't have believed one plate of F&C could be that much better than another, but every place I ate it in Scotland was absolutely brilliant.

Which is good, because all the other food in Scotland is shit.
The secret is not changing the oil that is fish and chips only.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I'm not sure the Queen and a mere president's wife are "counterparts." I mean, sure, in the sense of "butt-warmer to the Head of State," but I'd hope "Queen" has a bit more heft to it.

Queen Camilla is the wife of our Head of State. She's surely the equivalent of a First Lady in a republic. She may be titled "Queen" but she's not a Queen Regnant like Elizabeth II or Victoria.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Fish and chips in Scotland is amazing. I'm serious. I wouldn't have believed one plate of F&C could be that much better than another, but every place I ate it in Scotland was absolutely brilliant.

Which is good, because all the other food in Scotland is shit.

Deep fried Mars bars is a delicacy in Scotland.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
The King, a renowned gardener, visits a flower market in Paris named after his mother...

King Charles III and Queen Camilla ride an electric tram in Bordeaux...

King of Cool: The Commander-in-Chief of the British Armed Forces dons shades and sips Pimm's onboard Royal Navy frigate HMS Iron Duke in Bordeaux...

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
The King visits an "experimental forest" that may prevent wildfires...

The King and Queen bid farewell to France with a glass of wine...

And then they make the short journey home onboard an aircraft that is part of the British Royal Family fleet...