Kathleen Wynne wants all MPPs’ expenses made public

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Or SLM who actually turned this thread away from the expense issue?

Is this because you don't agree with my points or are you upset that I called you old in the other thread?

You called me 'old'? Really? :lol:

Really?

Annnnyway....you have a nice day there timmy. :smile:

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
You called me 'old'? Really? :lol:

Really?

Annnnyway....you have a nice day there timmy. :smile:

Well, that was the point where you decided to lock the thread, so I can only assume.

If you are going to get all censor-y, that kind of defeats the purpose of this forum.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Well, that was the point where you decided to lock the thread, so I can only assume.

If you are going to get all censor-y, that kind of defeats the purpose of this forum.

Nobody else is mad.

Have a nice day now. :smile:

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
Nobody else is mad.

Have a nice day now. :smile:

Lol, if they were, how would we know?

Regardless, seig heil my friend. :)

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
Investigative journalism, legal inquest - and a damned fine Hollywood whodunnit ;-)

They have the opp anti-rackets squad on the case, so that is always fun.

If we are going to do a Hollywood movie though, who would the love story be between? Andrea and Tim? Two people who seemed completely opposite at the beginning, brought together by a love of dancing on Dalton McGunity's grave?

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
OPP Anti-rackets on the case? First I've heard of it. OPP can't investigate Ontario Government without conflict of interest allegations

While I don't disagree with that notion at all, I have to say when it comes to this provincial government I'm less concerned with MPPs spending individual habits and more concerned with the big money (mis)spending that's gone on.
MPP expenses would be a very small step forward in transparency and honesty in Ontario Government - but a step nevertheless. It's the blatant dishonesty and outright thievery that is the bigger threat to integrity. It's been my experience that lie, cheat, steal and deny are operative words in the Province of Opportunists

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
OPP Anti-rackets on the case? First I've heard of it. OPP can't investigate Ontario Government without conflict of interest allegations

The OPP has been involved for a while. I think the Anti-Rackets squad is a new addition though.

Elite OPP squad enlisted for email probe

MPP expenses would be a very small step forward in transparency and honesty in Ontario Government - but a step nevertheless. It's the blatant dishonesty and outright thievery that is the bigger threat to integrity. It's been my experience that lie, cheat, steal and deny are operative words in the Province of Oppoortunists

I think that the more impactful part of the legislation is that it will apply to a lot more government agencies now too. In the past, it has been agencies like eHealth, Ornge, and the Pan Am Games that have had the most trouble with expenses. The MPPs themselves tend to have a bit more caution around these things since they know they have to face the public to keep their job.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
No mention of Electrical Safety Authority, Hydro One Networks Inc., Hydro One Remote Communities Inc., Hydro One Telecom Inc., Ontario Electricity Financial Corporation or Ontario Power Generation?

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
No mention of Electrical Safety Authority, Hydro One Networks Inc., Hydro One Remote Communities Inc., Hydro One Telecom Inc., Ontario Electricity Financial Corporation or Ontario Power Generation?

What do you mean?

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Lol. Can you please speak in complete thoughts. What is your issue with or question about with what I wrote?

Certainly....

I think that the more impactful part of the legislation is that it will apply to a lot more government agencies now too. In the past, it has been agencies like eHealth, Ornge, and the Pan Am Games that have had the most trouble with expenses. The MPPs themselves tend to have a bit more caution around these things since they know they have to face the public to keep their job.

I can't help you with being a troll intelligent enough to scroll up