Kaepernick workout

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
The latest chapter in the bizarre blackballing of NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick for kneeling during the National Anthem will unfold on Saturday. The NFL -as part of their legal settlement?- announced that they would hold workout and any interested teams could attend. Totally unprecedented. Normally a team would just work him out themselves if they were interested
Normally any open workout or combine would be held on a Tuesday, to give coaches and GMs an opportunity to attend.

It smells like more bullshit from the slave owners.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
13 teams are going to attend so far

so the question is why did none of the these 13 teams work him out before?

obviously there was an agreement among them not to do it.

he could start for at least half a dozen teams right now. there has never been a worse year for quarterbacks in the nfl.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Wow,I'm not even American like you are, and I was off by only four years. You certainly are reaching, Chief.
In recap, T-Bones has claimed to be:
-Military Veteran
-Historian
-Lawyer
-Accountant
The internet is fun, since you can be whoever you want to be. Here is a request of you, from your real offline job:
Take it easy with the sauce on my BigMac next time I am ordering at the Drive-Thru, Chief. No pickles either. Thanks.
You are one serious asshole.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
13 teams are going to attend so far
so the question is why did none of the these 13 teams work him out before?
obviously there was an agreement among them not to do it.
he could start for at least half a dozen teams right now. there has never been a worse year for quarterbacks in the nfl.
Ask the players union why he can't train without a contract. If he gets injured without a contract and gets hurt, who is on the hook for medical and pension?

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Says the guy who down votes every post of his adversaries, regardless of content, and considers any place with a drug problem in Canada, a "shithole," in spite of his reliance on a certain legal opiate to get through the day.
Looks like the old saying "takes one to know one"comes in handy.
You're no one's adversary. You are just another trolling asshole.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Wow,I'm not even American like you are, and I was off by only four years. You certainly are reaching, Chief.
In recap, T-Bones has claimed to be:
-Military Veteran
-Historian
-Lawyer
-Accountant
The internet is fun, since you can be whoever you want to be. Here is a request of you, from your real offline job:
Take it easy with the sauce on my BigMac next time I am ordering at the Drive-Thru, Chief. No pickles either. Thanks.
I'm not an accountant.

It's funny that you think all this is so unbelievable. Just because you're not smart enough to do it.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
The Kaep workout is a dog-and-pony show the NFL had to agree to as part of the settlement. Which is why they're holding it on a Saturday in the middle of the season, which is when most teams are preparing for/travelling to Sunday's game.

The down day in the NFL season is Tuesday.

Still, I've pointed out before that Kaep woulda been a Baltimore Raven two years ago if his idiot girlfriend hadn't deliberately and gratuitously insulted owner Steve Biscotti and superstar Ray Lewis while they were considering Kaep.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Gonna be a good weekend for sports. On the agenda. . .

Today: Roger Federer in London.

Russia v. Belgium

Germany v. Belarus

Tomorrow: Shooting (.308 and .45-70 rifles, .357 Magnum revolver and my little 9mm Ruger).

Baltimore Ravens v. Houston Texans (great matchup between Desean Watson and Lamar Jackson).

WESTERN DIVISION FINAL! Go Riders!

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
The latest chapter in the bizarre blackballing of NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick for kneeling during the National Anthem will unfold on Saturday. The NFL -as part of their legal settlement?- announced that they would hold workout and any interested teams could attend. Totally unprecedented. Normally a team would just work him out themselves if they were interested
Normally any open workout or combine would be held on a Tuesday, to give coaches and GMs an opportunity to attend.

It smells like more bullshit from the slave owners.
Do you even watch the NFL?

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
24 teams showing up.

why?

If they wanted Kap they had 2 years to get in touch with him didn't they?

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
The Kaep workout is a dog-and-pony show the NFL had to agree to as part of the settlement. Which is why they're holding it on a Saturday in the middle of the season, which is when most teams are preparing for/travelling to Sunday's game.

The down day in the NFL season is Tuesday.

Still, I've pointed out before that Kaep woulda been a Baltimore Raven two years ago if his idiot girlfriend hadn't deliberately and gratuitously insulted owner Steve Biscotti and superstar Ray Lewis while they were considering Kaep.
Watch out Tec, you're starting to sound like a "white natty". :lol: :lol:

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
The workout has been moved from the Atlanta Falcons facility to a local high school and pushed back to 4 eastern and also opened to the media.

Kapernick will bring his own receivers, although the NFL has said they will provide 3.

The entire thing is looking very bad even for a league that specializes in looking bad.