Jogging while black

Avro52

Time Out
Mar 19, 2020
Oh boy, hear we go. In defense of Blackleaf: Because ALL the facts of the case are not known, we cannot assume anything. I supposed he should have stopped there but then he goes on to say that we can't call the two men murderers because they have not been tried and found guilty of murder - yet! I think (and I may be wrong) that's what he's trying to say and I don't believe that's racist at all because he's right. Feel free to call them murderers but they're not "technically" murderers until found guilty of murder.
See Hoid - it all goes back to "definitions" and how people perceive the meanings. I understand what he's saying but perhaps he could have worded it differently. But to the thin skinned here, assumptions are clearly allowed no matter the facts.
JMHO

Read post #10 or post #6868 in the COVID pandemic thread.

BlackLeaf is a racist.

Both seemingly okay to the current mods.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Oh boy, hear we go. In defense of Blackleaf: Because ALL the facts of the case are not known, we cannot assume anything. I supposed he should have stopped there but then he goes on to say that we can't call the two men murderers because they have not been tried and found guilty of murder - yet! I think (and I may be wrong) that's what he's trying to say and I don't believe that's racist at all because he's right. Feel free to call them murderers but they're not "technically" murderers until found guilty of murder.

See Hoid - it all goes back to "definitions" and how people perceive the meanings. I understand what he's saying but perhaps he could have worded it differently. But to the thin skinned here, assumptions are clearly allowed no matter the facts.

JMHO

Blackie is simultaneously arguing that the kid shot was a criminal (no trial was held, no evidence presented) and that the shooters are innocent because they have not yet been convicted. At best it makes him a hypocrite but given his other posts, he is a racist. A black is automatically a criminal in his eyes.

But yes, they are not guilty until they are convicted. The black kid also cannot be viewed as a criminal since he has not been convicted.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Everyone is born pure but when the snake hands them an apple to chew they're screwed?

Prejudice and racism are the same?

Babies dont freak when they see unfamiliar physical characteristics?

Avro52

Time Out
Mar 19, 2020
Blackie is simultaneously arguing that the kid shot was a criminal (no trial was held, no evidence presented) and that the shooters are innocent because they have not yet been convicted. At best it makes him a hypocrite but given his other posts, he is a racist. A black is automatically a criminal in his eyes.
But yes, they are not guilty until they are convicted. The black kid also cannot be viewed as a criminal since he has not been convicted.

Well said.