Israel Successfully Tests Missile Program

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
All the Palestinians want is the return of their country,that was forcibly wrested from them in 1949. Better weapons for them? Sure,I enjoy a good fair fight.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
missile said:
All the Palestinians want is the return of their country,that was forcibly wrested from them in 1949. Better weapons for them? Sure,I enjoy a good fair fight.

That is not an accurate statement, follow up on history of the ME after WWII.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Re: RE: Israel Successfully T

moghrabi said:
Are we talking about history books written in the US or real history?

Start from the UN resolutions moghrabi that gave Israel the right to exist, and then your buddies decided to invade it. Which by the way ended up getting their asses kicked.

You can read your own history, pick and choose what you want, you can't change as much as you huff and puff.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
RE: Israel Successfully T

Well then if this is the history you are refering to, do not blame suicide bombers.

And please refrain from calling those as my buddies.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire

moghrabi said:
Well then if this is the history you are refering to, do not blame suicide bombers.

And please refrain from calling those as my buddies.

Fair enough, don't blame Israel when they create a 500 mile buffer zone (wasteland) around them if they think they will be wiped off the map.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada

They will not be wiped out off the map. But for the last 55 years, they never enjoyed their country that was stolen from others and they will never enjoy it as long as they are occupiers.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire

moghrabi said:
They will not be wiped out off the map. But for the last 55 years, they never enjoyed their country that was stolen from others and they will never enjoy it as long as they are occupiers.

The UN gave it to them, they never stole anything, they didn't take it by force, on the contrary, the Arabs tried to take it back by force, they got kicked back, over and over and over again.

And the Israelis will continue to kick their asses back, over and over and over again. And the cycle will continue, because the Arabs instigated it and the Israelis continued it.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada

How could you say the Arabs instigated it if you are admitting that the UN decided to take it away from the Pals and give it to them. It is the Europeans feeling guilty for mistreating the Jews (Balfour Declaration) to take it away from one people and give it to another.

The Arabs tried to get it back. It is rightfully theirs. And they will keep at it until a fair solution is made.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
The English took it away from Turkey in WW1. It was never "Palestinian" land. You should have a look at this history; it might give you a better understanding of the situation.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
That area has been called Palestine for at least twelve hundred years. The Arabs who called themselves Palestinians had lived there for at least that long. The Palestinians, if we go by history, have a better claim to that land than the Jews do. Unfortunately posession is nine tenths of the law. Turkey invaded a lot of places. where are they now?

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
The claims on the land beget a lot of circular arguments going nowhere.

What I'm interested in is NOW and tommorrow.

Israel will not be dismantled.

Had the Arabs actually cared about the Palestinians, then Jordan would have given them Independent sovereignty of the West Bank during the years 1948 to 1967.

Had the Arabs actually cared about the Palestinians they would have not left it up to Israel to provide jobs for the Palestinians.

Had the Arabs actually cared about the quality of Palestinian life, they would have provided much more of their precious OIL dollars paid to them by you and me in the West.

Had the Arabs actually cared, alot more infrastructure would have been built: electricity plants, water and sewer, schools that taught something besides hate.

But the real agenda they had for the Palestinians was something entirely different, wasn't it ?

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire

moghrabi said:
How could you say the Arabs instigated it if you are admitting that the UN decided to take it away from the Pals and give it to them. It is the Europeans feeling guilty for mistreating the Jews (Balfour Declaration) to take it away from one people and give it to another.

The Arabs tried to get it back. It is rightfully theirs. And they will keep at it until a fair solution is made.

No, Great Briton got tired of trying to make heads or tails of the thousand year mess. So they said to the UN, you figure it out. And they did, the Arabs didn't like the result, and here we are.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
#juan said:
That area has been called Palestine for at least twelve hundred years. The Arabs who called themselves Palestinians had lived there for at least that long. The Palestinians, if we go by history, have a better claim to that land than the Jews do. Unfortunately posession is nine tenths of the law. Turkey invaded a lot of places. where are they now?

And the First Nations in North America have lived here long before any of us ever arrived. Time to move.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Re: RE: Israel Successfully Tests Missile Program

jimmoyer said:
The claims on the land beget a lot of circular arguments going nowhere.

What I'm interested in is NOW and tommorrow.

Israel will not be dismantled.

Had the Arabs actually cared about the Palestinians, then Jordan would have given them Independent sovereignty of the West Bank during the years 1948 to 1967.

Had the Arabs actually cared about the Palestinians they would have not left it up to Israel to provide jobs for the Palestinians.

Had the Arabs actually cared about the quality of Palestinian life, they would have provided much more of their precious OIL dollars paid to them by you and me in the West.

Had the Arabs actually cared, alot more infrastructure would have been built: electricity plants, water and sewer, schools that taught something besides hate.

But the real agenda they had for the Palestinians was something entirely different, wasn't it ?

:thumbleft:

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
And by the way, lest the historians on this board forget, a massive jewish migration, an invasion of illegal immigration like a tidal wave came after WWII.

This tidal wave of jewish illegal immigration FORCED a decision.

The UN, nor the Brits would have never made an arbitrary decision had this MASSIVE TIDAL WAVE not happened.

Don't think this decision just happened arbitrarily.

No one in the region had any answers.

It was much like splitting Greater India into three regions: Pakistan, East Pakistan and India.

Britain thought that since the demographics had changed in such a volatile way that dividing the territory seemed a far better solution AT THE TIME, then simply leaving the land.