Is Ontario PC party not ready to give leadership over to a woman?

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
"Ford named Ontario PC leader, Elliott cites 'serious irregularities' for not conceding" https://goo.gl/HKavn4 This makes Ontario elections a two party race Liberals and the NDP

Ontario PC party is a man's party and is not ready to hand over over to a woman. They don't want to end up like the Ontario Liberals or the Ontario NDP. The PC party want to live in the past where a women is a servant to a man. It's 2018 not 1918. PC party is at war a gender war which means a Wynne/Win in June in Ontario elections

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Though is that the attack line Wynne’s team is going to take ?

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I would imagine that both the NDP and Liberals will attack Doug Ford personally, directly and dig up the mountains of dirt that the guy has picked up over the years.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
PC’s will win huge majority this June. Prediction: PC 79, NDP 31, Lib 14

OpposingDigit

Electoral Member
Aug 27, 2017
I think Ford is going to lose .....

The only way he can win is with a campaign of resentment and revenge against the present Wynne government.

If he campaigns with anger/resentment as his message, he will appear as a bully on the stage with the two women of the opposition parties.

If he campaigns without exactly spelling out his "Change" plans, he will appear as condescending towards the two women in the race.

Ford is not the "Macho" personality you want debating the two women sharing the stage.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Flossy must be losing his mind right now.

... Gonna be great when Ford forms gvt

Maybe a minority government.

Ford is going to freak a lot of people out. And if he pulls a boner like Tim Hudak did by announcing major cuts to civil service he'll find himself in opposition.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Ford will be ON's Trump. MOGA

Perfect.

A few questions first.

I assume that Russia will be involved in pre-election meddling?
Will you be volunteering as his propaganda minister?
Will there be a wall to keep those rapist killer, USA Residents out?
How about Twitter? How will that factor in?

God, Walter you are so bloody predictable. :)

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Maybe a minority government.

Ford is going to freak a lot of people out. And if he pulls a boner like Tim Hudak did by announcing major cuts to civil service he'll find himself in opposition.

We'll see I guess.

Notley got elected on an anti pipeline and anti oilsands platform largely due to a protest vote.

possibility exists that the same thing could happen in Ontario

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
So they vote for the person with the least education/experience. Seems to be a trend.

Ontario Cons: just not ready to govern.

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
I would imagine that both the NDP and Liberals will attack Doug Ford personally, directly and dig up the mountains of dirt that the guy has picked up over the years.
I would count on it...and i don't think it will make a dent in his popularity. People can relate to him, he is seen as someone who will stand up against thd elite and fight for everyday people. People are not bothered by mountains of dirt, just look at the current leadership.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
We'll see I guess.

Notley got elected on an anti pipeline and anti oilsands platform largely due to a protest vote.

possibility exists that the same thing could happen in Ontario

I don't think it was anti-pipeline or anti-oilsands. I think it was Bill Prentice telling Albertan's they need to look in the mirror while his arrogant predecessors had one scandal after another.

It was definitely a protest vote though.

OpposingDigit

Electoral Member
Aug 27, 2017
Pundits keep saying that Ford has the immigrants in his camp ..... I don't think so.
It was the immigrants who recently got a raise in pay from the Wynne government and Ford is talking about delaying the second part of the raise.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I would count on it...and i don't think it will make a dent in his popularity. People can relate to him, he is seen as someone who will stand up against thd elite and fight for everyday people. People are not bothered by mountains of dirt, just look at the current leadership.

It's the same old con-job that Trump uses ... standing up for the Common Man. Doug is the son of a millionaire. Dad was also an Ontario cabinet minister. His lineage is pure ruling elite. He's never had to bust his ass to make a rent payment nor have groceries in the cupboard ever been a problem. He's pretty much had his way all of his life. He comes from a special and protected elite (as does our current Prime Minister and Caroline Mulroney, I dare say). The "man-of-the-people" scthick is a lie.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
People can relate to him, he is seen as someone who will stand up against thd elite and fight for everyday people. .

A gullibility of the voters. And this applies to left and right.

It's a case of telling people what they want to hear, but not the reality of the millionaire who has no idea what the unwashed masses relate too.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
A gullibility of the voters. And this applies to left and right.

It's a case of telling people what they want to hear, but not the reality of the millionaire who has no idea what the unwashed masses relate too.

We need look no farther than our current Fed gvt.

it would be a far different story if trudeau had made progress on everyday issues that affect Canadians, but I think that ship has sailed

... Till then, "Let them eat cake"

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
i guess christine regrets not pushing for the voting to be delayed.

She probably set this whole thing in motion starting with the political assassination of Patrick Brown. It was apparently done without a plan or without any sense of the possible consequences. Anyway, when she doesn't get her way, she just leaves the party, do what does she care, really?