I'm confused

manda

Council Member
Jul 3, 2005
swirling in the abyss of nowhere la
Allright folks, can a girl get a little help?

I'm scheduled to work until 2am, BUT, at 2am our clocks go back an hour for daylight savings time. My boss has left no instructions, so am I here until 3 (technically 2), or do I leave at 2, what could be seen by some as leaving an hour early.

What an conumdrum! 8O :?

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
manda said:
Allright folks, can a girl get a little help?

I'm scheduled to work until 2am, BUT, at 2am our clocks go back an hour for daylight savings time. My boss has left no instructions, so am I here until 3 (technically 2), or do I leave at 2, what could be seen by some as leaving an hour early.

What an conumdrum! 8O :?

that is a curious /unusual situation. Seems technically you would leave still at 2 . ( an hr early .......yes....but that is what the time change does.)....

honestly , don't know..(sorry).....Is there someone you can ask??

GL Schmitt

Electoral Member
Mar 12, 2005
Ontario
manda said:
. . . What an conumdrum! 8O :?
Call up and ask someone WHEN exactly the time change is. (TV or Radio station, other public info source.)

It USED to be at midnight, but because of so many troubles such as yours, they changed it to 2:00 it became 1:00. but that was in Ontario.

This time it does not change here in Ontario. :?

GL Schmitt

Electoral Member
Mar 12, 2005
Ontario
It hasn’t happened since I was a teenager and came in from partying late one Saturday in April. I got up eventually, and went through half the day calling friends who were not at home.

Eventually, it was brought to bear upon me that I had missed the change, forward to DST.

Last August, there was a story about America staying on DST to save energy overcoming an extra hour of darkness. Then, I heard Bush signed the bill making the change.

Without reading it all, I noticed the CBC Headline: Ontario to match U.S. time change

Last night, I answered the above post under the delusion that Ontario was not changing, but this morning, I awoke to find something strange. :?

At least this time it took minutes, rather than hours, to figure out what was wrong. Not so bad, huh? :oops:

Daylight-Saving Time Comes to End in U.S.

Saturday October 29, 2005

WASHINGTON (AP) - As backyard barbecue season winds down, it's time to say goodbye to daylight-saving time.

In most of the United States, that meant shifting the clocks back one hour to standard time at 2 a.m. Sunday, local time.

Daylight-saving time returns April 2.

Congress has voted to extend daylight-saving time, but that does not take effect until 2007. The new dates will be from the second Sunday in March top the first Sunday in November.

So, to answer manda's question, and as penance for screwing up, I found a Daylight Saving Time site.