If Americans knew more about the rest of the world.....

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Quote: Originally Posted by Angstrom
AS long as they know we have a central bank and we don't control our own resource thats all they care about. I have recently noticed, don’t you find it odd that the countries “they don’t like”, Iran, Venezuela, etc do not have central banks and control their own resources… Just a thought.
If only YOU knew more about the rest of the world....

Central
Bank of the
Islamic Republic of Iran, Home

Banco De Central
Venezuela, BANCO CENTRAL DE
VENEZUELA
What do you know that he doesn't?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Quote: Originally Posted by Angstrom
AS long as they know we have a central bank and we don't control our own resource thats all they care about. I have recently noticed, don’t you find it odd that the countries “they don’t like”, Iran, Venezuela, etc do not have central banks and control their own resources… Just a thought.
What do you know that he doesn't?
I love it when my predictions come true...

Shall we pick a tune for the ensuing dance, while you fail to answer my question because you don't know?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Why is public ownership of banking and resources a bad thing? Ownership of national debt is something a nation shouldn't leave in public hands? How does Canada benefit from private ownership of our debt rather than the people of Canada owning it through the Bank of Canada?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Why is public ownership of banking and resources a ba thing? Ownership of debt isn't something a nation shouldn't leave in public hands? How does Canada benefit from private ownership of our debt rather than the people of Canada owning it through the Bank of Canada?
The prophecy continues to come true...

I like this tune. I'll play Bugg's, you and Angst, can play the "hillbilly's"...

Bugs Bunny's square dance in 'Hillbilly Hare' (best quality + subtitles!).mp4 - YouTube

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Why does ownership matter? Control.

Why is owing private banks better and not evil?

Come on. You're up to bat.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
How was Angstrom wrong in questioning the reasons which indicate that public ownership of resources and debt is bad and often equated to "evil regimes"?

He had a strong and valid point but as you and I know he's not exactly the best at articulating what he means.