Hundreds of thousands of Canadians are travelling abroad despite Omicron | CBC News

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Maybe it’s due to a lack of vitamin D?

Life eventually has to go on, & if you’ve got your shots, & your booster, & your other booster…..& you’ve been cooped up for two years already….& it’s January in Canada….I get it.

Palm Trees & Bikinis are thin on the ground in Canada in January. Tequila just tastes better in Mexico, just like Rum tastes better in Cuba, and just having 12hrs of daylight for a week or two can only elevate their serotonin levels.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I enjoyed a week in Anitgua now 1 week ago. If I want to travel I do it. We did our own tests before we went (Antigua protocols). The resort handled the return PCR tests while there. And they gave us a home test at the airport. We did that Monday morning, they picked it up Tuesday afternoon and we got the results back yesterday (1 day after the official quarantine period if we had tested positive). The whole setup is a scham. But it won't stop me from traveling. I noticed that during the lockdown in 2020 when they told us not to travel that TrueDope had several overseas trips. Therefore I no longer listen to the hypocrite when he advises no travel.

Reactions: taxslave

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
my sisters and i have weak immune systems. when we get sick it feels like we are dying. it would not be wise for us to travel. i guess we will have live vicariously though youse people. :(
I fuel my drug addictions the same way. watch one of the myth heads next door twerking around and I am good for a week.

Reactions: Ron in Regina

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Did they close down the tourism industry or something?

Of course they're travelling.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I enjoyed a week in Anitgua now 1 week ago. If I want to travel I do it. We did our own tests before we went (Antigua protocols). The resort handled the return PCR tests while there. And they gave us a home test at the airport. We did that Monday morning, they picked it up Tuesday afternoon and we got the results back yesterday (1 day after the official quarantine period if we had tested positive). The whole setup is a scham. But it won't stop me from traveling. I noticed that during the lockdown in 2020 when they told us not to travel that TrueDope had several overseas trips. Therefore I no longer listen to the hypocrite when he advises no travel.
We were planning on heading south but I just got over covid and will test positive for a few weeks after.

• Sad
Reactions: taxslave

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
We were planning on heading south but I just got over covid and will test positive for a few weeks after.
Some countries allow a letter with proof of covid and recovery as a substitute for a negative test. Not all. Worth checking out. Canada will allow that on return.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Sure, there's no guarantees during a pandemic but most people have been able to travel just fine.