How well do you guys know baseball

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
The yanks were pi$$ed when we won it. Beat them at their own game, lol. Who gives a damn what century it was?
And as far as the Expos, if you read my post rather than taking a knee jerk reaction you would see that I said there 'used' to be a team in Montreal, responding to your comment about wondering how a team would do in the national league....

Are you actually saying we were pi$$ed when the Blue Jays won the World Series?

Last edited by a moderator:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Yep.

As someone else posted here, I lost interest after the strike, and I think a lot of you south of the border did too?

I guess you guys have been pi$$ed since a Canadian city hasn't seen the Stanley Cup since 1993. I guess we're beating you at your own game by your foolish statement.

The Toronto Blue Jays roster is pretty much American. A few Dominicans, etc. The host city, nor its people has anything to do with the franchise winning.

critter171

Hey all from the USA
Feb 24, 2010
Usa, New hampshire
I guess you guys have been pi$$ed since a Canadian city hasn't seen the Stanley Cup since 1993. I guess we're beating you at your own game by your foolish statement.

The Toronto Blue Jays roster is pretty much American. A few Dominicans, etc. The host city, nor its people has nothing to do with the franchise winning.

Now correct me if i am wrong here but didn't everyone hate yankees winning so many times? that what i here all the time. i don't hear anything about being upset over blue-jays or.... any other team.

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto

The Toronto Blue Jays roster is pretty much American. A few Dominicans, etc. The host city, nor its people has anything to do with the franchise winning.
Frankly I don't care who wins the Stanley Cup. Professional sports isn't sport, it is crap. Ever since the strikes... Hmmm, maybe the Raptors.... :smile:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
just like when one guy takes hockey stick and tries to score with the puck? don't try to even demison baseball it as much as team sport as hockey is.

You can compare hockey to soccer but baseball isn't even in the same league as either of those sports. Baseball might be compare favorably to Cricket as a game that almost any age can play.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
The yanks were pi$$ed when we won it. Beat them at their own game, lol.

1993 Toronto Blue Jays Roster

2 Puerto Ricans
3 Venezuelans
6 Dominicans
1 Englishman
27 Americans

Yup...you beat us at our own game. lol

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
1993 Toronto Blue Jays Roster

2 Puerto Ricans
3 Venezuelans
6 Dominicans
1 Englishman
27 Americans

Yup...you beat us at our own game. lol
The point I was making was that it was 'Canada's Team'.
I wonder who the Englishman was.:canada:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
The point I was making was that it was 'Canada's Team'.
I wonder who the Englishman was.:canada:

Them and the Montreal Expos.

The point I was making is that the USA wasn't pi$$ed that a Baseball franchise in Toronto won the World Series any more than a Canadian is pi$$ed year after year watching a bunch of NHL teams (made mostly of Canadians) in US Cities winning the Stanley Cup. I'd root for Toronto over the NY Yankees any day of the week.

Danny Bradford Cox born in Northhampton England. For all I know he could have been an Army brat and grew up here in the US.

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
Them and the Montreal Expos.

The point I was making is that the USA wasn't pi$$ed that a Baseball franchise in Toronto won the World Series any more than a Canadian is pi$$ed year after year watching a bunch of NHL teams (made mostly of Canadians) in US Cities winning the Stanley Cup. I'd root for Toronto over the NY Yankees any day of the week.

Danny Bradford Cox born in Northhampton England. For all I know he could have been an Army brat and grew up here in the US.

The problem was the expos didn't get the support in Quebec. just like the grizzlies (NBA) didn't get the support in Vancouver. You guys have the same problem with hockey in a few of youir southern, midwest states. Phoenix for one. Sometimes experiments just fail.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
The problem was the expos didn't get the support in Quebec. just like the grizzlies (NBA) didn't get the support in Vancouver. You guys have the same problem with hockey in a few of youir southern, midwest states. Phoenix for one. Sometimes experiments just fail.

Southern states are fickle in anything pro. The University of Tennessee Volunteers have more people showing up for football than the Tennessee Titans NFL team.

I am not sure how well attended the Blue Jays games are but I would bet that I could drive up and get a ticket for any game. But it is not just the Blue Jays, I once saw the Florida Marlins play at their place in Miami. I was sitting on the first base line and I could have shouted across the stadium to people on the third base line.

I don't know how hockey goes but I think there is parity and a team salary cap. In baseball there is a salary cap but you can go over the cap as long as you pay something towards the league or something like that. That is why the Yanks win so many championships because they have town support and will pay whatever the cost to bring the World Series back.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
Do you know it well enough or there some things that confused you never understand? or just want to talk about about baseball.

we know how to play baseball

Okay, let's go over the ground rules.
You can't leave first until you chug a beer.
Any man scoring has to chug a beer.
You have to chug a beer at the top of all odd-numbered innings.
Oh, and the fourth inning is the beer inning.