Horrific Attack on Pregnant Woman Answering Craigslist Ad Leaves Baby Dead

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
A pregnant woman was attacked after responding to an ad on Craigslist for baby clothes, according to police.

The suspect allegedly lured the seven-months-pregnant woman to a Longmont home Wednesday afternoon, beat her, cut out her baby and stole the child, authorities said. Police say they arrested the suspect when she allegedly arrived at a hospital with the dead child.

The expectant mother was able to call police to come rescue her and she is being treated for her injuries and is expected to survive, Longmont police Cmdr. Jeff Satur told ABC News.

"She is alert, answering questions and is with family," Satur said of the victim.

College Student Was Lured by Craigslist iPhone Ad Before Being Killed, Police Say

Georgia Couple Missing After Placing Online Vintage Car Ad

The suspect has been identified in the probable cause affidavit as Dynel Catrece Lane, 34

Lane and her husband allegedly arrived at the Longmont United Hospital, claiming Lane had had a miscarriage, KMGH reported. The husband has not been identified by police and has not been charged in connection with the incident. His role in the alleged attack, if any, is unclear.

Lane was arrested at 7:46 p.m. Wednesday, about five hours after police responded to a call placed by the victim from the house where she was attacked.

Lane reportedly holds an expired nurse’s aide license in Colorado and has at least two other children, according to ABC News affiliate KMGH.

Lane faces charges of attempted first-degree murder, first degree assault, and child abuse resulting in death, though more charges may be added in relation to the death of the child. If it’s proven that the attack caused the child’s death, Lane could face a homicide charge.

Boulder County District Attorney Stan Garnett said at a news conference today the baby will undergo an autopsy to help determine whether the baby lived outside its mother.

"Under Colorado law essentially there's no way that murder charges can be brought unless ...[it is] established that the fetus lived outside the mother," Garnett said.

The 26-year-old victim, whose name has not been released, did not know Lane prior to the Wednesday attack, Satur, the Longmont police commander, said. She was found in the basement of the home where she was attacked. Police said they found that she had been beaten.

Police released a recording of the 911 call, in which the victim is heard telling the operator that she did not know the suspect's name and had been stabbed with a knife and broken glass.

Investigators are seeking the public’s help to determine whether any other expectant mothers had responded to the suspect's ad.
Lane was scheduled to make her first court appearance this afternoon.

Craigslist has been used several times in the past to lure unsuspecting would-be victims. Last month, a college student in Georgia was killed after authorities said he responded to an ad for an iPhone 6.

Craigslist did not immediately respond to an ABC News’ request for comment.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
8O

You know sometimes when I say I need to get rid of something or other, people will say to me "Oh you should put that on Kijiji".....and I'm like, "Nah, think I'll just keep it."

How are people still so trusting of other people off of the internet? Have there not been yet enough horror stories!

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
8O

You know sometimes when I say I need to get rid of something or other, people will say to me "Oh you should put that on Kijiji".....and I'm like, "Nah, think I'll just keep it."

How are people still so trusting of other people off of the internet? Have there not been yet enough horror stories!
don't know cause the murder up here in Guelph was enough for me to realize crazies abound and sit like a spider just waiting for their chance...I'll just go to the store

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Craigslist where the crime opportunities come to the criminals.

Craigslist has been used several times in the past to lure unsuspecting would-be victims. Last month, a college student in Georgia was killed after authorities said he responded to an ad for an iPhone 6.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
And then they know where you live and have a pretty good idea of the kind of stuff that you have.
eeeeeeeeeeew, twist...

know someone who lives in Alaska, they went south a few weeks ago and hired a house sitter
came home and their safe with all of the jewelry, stamps, coins, and their gun etc........gone

on FB was a picture of the house sitter's boyfriend smoking pot in their kitchen

I wonder who took it?

nobody cares...they filed their report with the cops but basically, no one cares...cops pretty much said as much

wow is what I think, don't get a house sitter, chances are their friends will case the joint

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
the responding officer just said he has never seen so much blood at a scene as when he arrived...the victim knew she had been attacked but didn't know the woman had cut her open and removed the baby she grabbed his hand and explained what had happened...they believe the baby was alive when the perp took it

she will be charged with double murder

her husband thought she was pregnant and she pretended to have miscarried when her husband arrived home...

so weird...

completely mentally ill

she lost a baby in a pool apparently

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Would someone please remind why the judge shouldn't order the bailiff to take this scumbag out, shoot her twice in the head, and kick her body down the courthouse steps?

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
the responding officer just said he has never seen so much blood at a scene as when he arrived...the victim knew she had been attacked but didn't know the woman had cut her open and removed the baby she grabbed his hand and explained what had happened...they believe the baby was alive when the perp took it

she will be charged with double murder

Good.

I've heard of this sort of thing before. Usually some "really mentally healthy" chick lies about being pregnant and then attacks some actually pregnant woman to steal the baby.

I watch way too much ID Discovery.

Sidewalk sale, yard sale or buy a garage at a garage sale.

This is starting to get complicated.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Good.

I've heard of this sort of thing before. Usually some "really mentally healthy" chick lies about being pregnant and then attacks some actually pregnant woman to steal the baby.

I watch way too much ID Discovery.

This is starting to get complicated.
no as details are being revealed that is exactly what had happened...including someone on line identifying the perp as a danger because she said she was due in Oct. then Nov. then Dec. etc...women in the group knew something was wrong