Home of Disabled Man Demolished by Government

czardogs

Electoral Member
Jul 25, 2002
BC
www.canadiandemocraticmovement.ca
Home of Disabled Man Demolished by Isreal
by Israeli Committee Against House Demolitions • Friday June 13, 2003 at 12:04 AM

Home of Disabled Man Demolished by Government

pictures at http://www.icahd.org

In my years of involvement with the Israeli Committee Against House Demolitions I have never seen such a heartless and senseless act of cruelty such as was committed by the municipal government of Lod, a town in central Israel. A 23 year old Palestinian citizen of Israel who is confined to a wheelchair, Hany Zbedah, was removed from his house which was demolished with all contents inside.

It took over 200 police and paramilitary police, a helicopter and two bulldozers to destroy the 40 square meter (360 square feet) shed addition to his family home. The house itself has two rooms providing living and sleeping space for six people. After years of saving, Hany’s Father had renovated the small shed adjacent to their home in order to provide him with a better quality of life. The doors were extra wide to accommodate the wheelchair, a special bath had been installed so he could bathe in privacy, and a ramp built to the door providing access and a modicum of independence.

The house is owned by Amidar, the Israeli Government’s housing company. The shed addition had been existing since 1971. No permits were available for renovations to the building since the site has been slated for redevelopment at some future date. After being refused a permit for the renovation the family quietly went ahead and improved the property without altering the exterior except to paint it. Was the municipality happy that a poor family would try and improve their lot, and that of their most needy member? No, quite the contrary, they sent two companies of police and soldiers to flush out this menace to society, and left him sitting on the sidewalk while his newly renovated home was demolished with the contents inside.

Hany’s father sit’s languishing in jail, beaten and taken by Government stormtroopers when he non-violently protested their vile act. Two others suffered the same fate.

I sat with Hany for some time, as the bulldozers mopped up the rubble. His handicap is only physical, and has been with him from birth, restricting the movements of arms and legs, distorting his fingers, twisting his face so his words are slurred and head movements jerky. But when Hany smiles he lights up the space around him with a light that comes from a pure soul. Five minutes in his company are enough to convince you that there might even be hope for his Israeli Municipal tormentors who have done their worst with him but evoke no rancor or hate, only puzzlement and sadness. Hany’s eyes light up when he talks of his work repairing computers, and the Internet that has become his window to the world. One quickly realizes that here is a man with a quick mind and a ready answer to my probing questions. There is a quiet wisdom is his eyes, and a keen intelligence hampered but a little by his physical infirmity.

One wonders where the humanity has gone in a society that allows these atrocities to occur on a daily basis to minority citizens. And one has to ask the Jewish people in Israel where their outrage is, where their sense of common decency has gone, to allow any among us to be treated like dogs and garbage. Has the legacy of the Holocaust done this to us? Are we so traumatized as a people that we truly cannot see others as deserving a life? Are we so devoid of feeling that we cannot even consider a non-Jew to be worthy . . . of existence in this land?

The bombing today in Jerusalem was also a terrible thing. Fifteen people killed, many more injured. Lives destroyed, families shattered. Where do they come from these terrorists, and why? Over twelve thousand homes destroyed in the Occupied Territories since 1967. Where do they come from? Several hundred thousand people with shattered lives. Where do they come from? Children watching, their fathers beaten. Where do they come from? Women screaming. Where do they come from?

And yet I can only see Hany’s eyes, shining as he talked of his computers, as the bulldozed scraped the last of his house he was still smiling, at me, a Jew.

Dug up from Vancouver Indy Media -- Fair Use policies apply
www.vancouver.indymedia.org

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
And I get called a nazi for calling Israel a nazis. This is a state our country recognises. Even worse, this is a state that the Americans support both financially and morally. People are always going on about how evil Iraq is, how evil arabs are... How evil Al Quada is. The problem arises around ignorance and willingness to listen to their media.

Israel never should have happened. Unfortunately, it did. Ever since then, blindfolds have been covering the eyes of the western world's citizens. Take a wild guess who controls the media? JEWS!

It makes sense that Israel is always having it's actions (and tracks) covered up. It's a good thing this time an article got around by an independent source.

My favourite word to describe this is:

TYPICAL!

Andem, I am amazed. I am totally blown away.

You make me actually want to defend Isreal!

Maybe it's an inability to seperate propaganda from dogma. Or maybe it's your incredible lack of tact. Or maybe it's something you did on purpose.

Isreal is a mess. It should not have happened. But it did. And fire branding "JEWS" as media controling criminals is very similiar to what a famous one testicled Austrian art-student did. And that's what caused the whole mess in the first place.

Hate should not be preached. It should not be preached as a means to "overthrow" our oppressors. Nor as a means to keep people in line.

Hate only breeds more hate. And your (seeming) bigottry does that. Worse you add justification to your hate. Which makes it all the easier to accept.

Do you hate the use of violence or oppression...or do you hate that people you don't like use it? Becuase you clearly don't seem to be against it in principle.

Hey you know who's responsible for the media not showing us the truth? The Jews.
You know who's responsible for crime? The blacks.
You know who's responsible for stealing American's jobs? The Spics.
You know who's responsible for the bad economy? The asians.
You know who's responsible for racism? The whites.

There, those sentiments should make you feel at home. For fuck's sake...ANYTIME you generalize a situation to a single group of people you are being a biggot...or a racist...or a tool of the powers that be.

So I'll end with saying that...the government of a country tore down a house that it owned. I doubt it did it to spite the people living there. It was likely for some greater project. Governments do not go about being malicious and crewl for no reason...they have a reason. Just like you and I have a reason for everything we do.

So before we point fingers at others we better know why we are blaming them...and then be willing to work with them to find a better solution. If we can't do that then expect alot more war, ethnic cleansing, and general global violence. If you can do that, no matter how hard it is, you make the world a better place.

But don't worry this will all be covered in freshman politics...I'm sure. Ugh!

W-K

P.S.: Andem, that's not a personal attack. It's just that your post is symptomatic of a greater problem I see facing the world. Ignorant masses angry, but not sure what is pissing them off...so there can be no solution.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
So Wulf, am I supposed to be saying thanks to the whites for controlling the media and diverting the public's attention? Shall I blame the palestinians for creating the illegal and immoral state now know as Israel?

There's not much you can do other than thank certain ethnic groups for certain problems we face right now.

Wulf said:
Hey you know who's responsible for the media not showing us the truth? The Jews.
You know who's responsible for crime? The blacks.
You know who's responsible for stealing American's jobs? The Spics.
You know who's responsible for the bad economy? The asians.
You know who's responsible for racism? The whites.

Racism comes from all walks of life. Hell, a few black "FRIENDS" say things like "oh, i'm just out right now with a white boy *giggling*". Its a whole other topic that they think they are exempt from human kindness rules such as stopping racism and allowing themselves to be hypocrits.

Who is responsable for Toronto bad economy right now? Partly because of a family of asians but mainly because our liberal government is incompetent as it always was.

Stealing jobs? If statistics serve me correct, that is not the "spics", but more of an asian problem facing Canadians.

Crime rate? You are right on there. (BTW, The slavery excuse does not work in Canada *he he*)

Who's responsable for controlling the media and not letting us see the truth? You are partially right when you say the jews. But it's mainly the elitist jews.

I know you're probably going to come back calling me a hypocrit for accusing you of generalising (and I don't know if it was pure sarcasm), but when I generalised about jews and israel, it's not really. The amazingly large majority of jews support Israel in some way, whether it be financially, morally, politicially, etc.

We could keep on going about this racism stuff, but it will never bring either of us to a right or a wrong answer, especially this day in age.

Okay. Slept and thought on this...now I can be a little more even tempered in my response.

Any human being has the ability to think anything they choose to think. And can use any means they wish to come to conclusions. They can think complexly or they can think very simplisticly. It is a tendancy in people to think along the simplest lines avalible. People are more often than not lazy thinkers.

Is this good? I would argue it is not. Why? Well, think about most everything a person says that is negative about the united states...every even and level criticsm can be attributed to the lazy thinking of Americans.

Why do we let our government go to war? Because they told us it would stop terror...because they lied to us about many things and it is easier to believe a lie than to think about it. Some Americans -did- question the war...and I am only sadened that more did not.

However, I get the feeling Canada and Britain are going through a more detrimental changes and the occur as a result of lazy thinking and a healthy does of fear.

The stereotypes I wrote and Andem quoted are broad over reaching generalizations of races. Andem defends those generalizations becuase there are examples that they are true.

Do black commit crime? Yes. But that doesn't mean crime is a result of blacks being in an area. Crime is most often a means to an ends that is used almost exclusively by people who can not obtain those ends through legitimate means. So if black people are commiting crime and that's a problem then I'd have to ask...what is it that black people want and can not obtain legitimately? Is there a way our (thiers and mine) society could allow them a chance to obtain thier goal legally?

When people say that hispanics or asians are stealing "our" jobs you should ask yourself what jobs they are stealing. I mean, when was the last time that you or I woke up at five am to be exploited as migrant labor on an orange farm. These people (who are simply seeking a better life for themselves) are not taking the -good- jobs. They aren't stealing your job at IBM or at AT&T or wherever. In fact, they aren't "stealing" anything. Many people think they are entitled to a job...like it's owed to them by someone. But no one owes anyone a job. And no one owes anyone labor. That is an agreement between an employeer and an employee.

Are all white people racists? No. Are other people of other races able to be racist? Yes. To say that any one group is responsible for racism is to think on a very shallow level. Hate and fear and ignorance are whay breed racism. And those emotions grow in everyone regardless of thier race.

Who controls the media? Is it a handful of elitist Jews? Maybe...but is Ted Turner a Jew? I mean, he owns the largest media conglomerate. Sure some jewish people own media and entertainment companies. But to argue a large jewish control is paranoia. But is this something inherent to jews? Or is there a greater prospect here...like a general desire for those with power to retain power at the expense of those who lack power. Media only covers what those with power want it to cover...doesn't matter if those who run that media are jewish, white, black, or purple. It just happens many jewish people teach thier children how money works...so in essence thier children get a better real-world education in the use of money. But thier blood and skin makes them neither supperior nor inferior.

Racism is the notion that one's own ethnic stock is supperior.

Does ANYONE think that this should be argued? Can anyone realisticly say that whites are better than black? Jews are better than whites? Blacks are better than Asians?
You can say it. You can believe it. But it doesn't make you smart, it doesn't make you rebelious, it doesn't make you any better a person. All it does is make you look like an ignorant fool.

We hold these truths to be self evident...that all men are created equal.

It's so simple a statement. It tore my country apart at one time. But for the last two hundred some odd years it has remained true...despite many tests. The greater spirit of this notion has stood firm, and should continue to be tested only to prove its merit time and time again.

So let your fear, and hate, and ignorance guide you. Let a politician sucker you into his reich. Let a friends fear and ignorance and hate infect you. Let yourself learn to hate other people becuase they aren't like you. Do that...because god knows it'll be easier than thinking.

"Am I supposed to be saying thanks to the whites for controlling the media and diverting the public's attention?"
No. You should question thier control. You should raise the attention of the public.
But should you let your fear of being controlled allow you to generalize into hate for white people...the vast majority of which do NOT control the media or divert the public's attention?

"Shall I blame the palestinians for creating the illegal and immoral state now know as Israel?"
No. Blame the Palestinians for turning to violence when they were frustrated. Blame the Israelis for retaliating. Blame is masterbation. You can do it, and it might make you feel better...but in the end your hands are dirty and you've accomplished nothing.
Any time the words illegal and immoral are cast into the light you begin a conflict. Both peoples desire to live in Isreal/Palestine. Both peoples desire peace. But there are people on both sides who can not get past thier biggotry and racism...thier fear, hate, and ignorance...to come to understand thier enemies. To learn to appreciate thier neighbors.

So should I blame the hatemongers? The racists? The biggots? For the racial problems in the world? Or should I seek to understand them and try my best to show them a different way to look at life?

"We could keep on going about this racism stuff, but it will never bring either of us to a right or a wrong answer, especially this day in age."
I'm not sure what you mean by this.
Maybe you think the world is too complex to bother talking about racism...I mean, a complex world would mean you can't really argue the merits of racism as it requires very simplistic perceptions and alot of ignorance...in essence it needs a black and white world...and a complex world is shades of grey.
Maybe you think it's because there is no right or wrong answer...in this I would be inclined to agree. There is no universal right or wrong to racism. But there is no universal right or wrong to anything by my way of thinking. There are only events and how they make you feel will determine the morality of the event...sadly, this level of thinking can be used to argue there is not right and wrong so people can act however they like, basicly it's a train of thought that can be highjacked by the ignorant easily.
Maybe...maybe you are done argueing about it. Maybe you no longer wish to have you ideas and notions about life tested or judged by others. Maybe your afffraid to hear new ideas and test them for yourself...maybe you are affraid of losing part of your identity.
What do you mean?

Other canadians...please share your thoughts...I'm begining to wonder if this isn't systemic of the national culture or this is one rogue voice...I think the term "Canadian Biggot" is odd as hell. But maybe it's what the future holds for your "home and native land".
W-K

gnuman

Electoral Member
Dec 4, 2002
Montreal, Quebec
Oh gawd W-K you made me laugh with the masturbation comment.

What jews aren't allowed to have jobs in high places? Who says they control the media somewhat? You only see blacks on the news more because IT SELLS!

Who wants to hear about a white folk doing a driveby? Do white folks do drivebys? Well the news would tell you its impossible and its a black thing.

Andem's comments are purely racist and nazi like. Blame the jews for being better with their money? Not all jews are rich you know.
Heck do all Germans like saurkraut too? These are pure generalizations and are of the utmost biggotry.

What are you supposed to do when you don't know if you're life is going to end any time because of radicals blowing themselves up and stupid beliefs that they will get 7 wives in heaven? Mind you that sounds like hell if you get 7 nagging wives. Thats what turns them onto do such stupid things.

If someone is breaking into your house you're going to sit there and say oh btw the cash is underneath my socks? You're going to do whatever it takes to defend your home! That's what jews are doing they are protecting their homeland. The cause of this mess ain't the jews it was the german nazis!

As a jew you think I was all for the war in Iraq? Heck no. I was opposed to it because of all the BS in the US govt. Have you ever stepped into a school where the whole school is anti-semetic? I have I went to Concordia University and the school was more concerned about the middle-east than student affairs. Heck my school houses a few known protestors like Jaggy Singh and many others that the govt knows about.

Israel fought for the land and they owned it do you see Israel having conflicts with the other arab nations? No. You don't see them fighting with Jordan or other countries when Tom Ridge said something about the war would help Israel peace treaty I started to laugh because how is a war in one country going to help another.

czardogs

Electoral Member
Jul 25, 2002
BC
www.canadiandemocraticmovement.ca
Other canadians...please share your thoughts...I'm begining to wonder if this isn't systemic of the national culture or this is one rogue voice...I think the term "Canadian Biggot" is odd as hell. But maybe it's what the future holds for your "home and native land".

It is NOT systematic - but Canadians are concerned.

I posted the article because of the heartlessness of it all. The hatred there is nothing like we experiance here - but we still need to hear it.[/code]