History Quiz

manda

Council Member
Jul 3, 2005
swirling in the abyss of nowhere la
Re: RE: History Quiz

LeftCoast said:
okay - seems no one else seems to be on deck.

Name a prominent leader of the Canadian Sufferage movement.

Bonus - what date did women get the vote?

Native Canadians?

The chick on the "heritage moments" commercial who went to med school? another good one would be Laura Secord...mmmm..good choclate.

wasn't it in the 1940's?

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Re: RE: History Quiz

Said1 said:
manda said:
Oh, so it's along the "to protect and serve" mandate lines. Pour quoi c'etait en francais, quand le service a ete commence en anglais?

I think the horse emission motto would have been a good idea, maybe as a sub motto.

It means maintain the law, although that may not be exact.

Here's an easy one: What year was the NHL created?

Actually it is Maintain the Right

Although I don't think that means vote for Harper.....unfortunately.

Semperfi_dani

Electoral Member
Nov 1, 2005
Edmonton
okay - seems no one else seems to be on deck.

Name a prominent leader of the Canadian Sufferage movement. Nellie McClung

Bonus - what date did women get the vote? Women in what is now known as Canada could vote before Confederation if they owned property, but after Confederation in 1867 they were legally barred from voting. In 1917, women were allowed to vote if they met an exception for military personnel stationed abroad. "Bluebirds", nurses caring for wounded soldiers in Europe in World War I, were the first women to vote legally in a Canadian federal election. In 1918, women had the same voting rights as men in federal elections.

Native Canadians... By 1920, native people everywhere in Canada had the right to vote. But Status Indians had to give up their treaty rights and registered Indian status to do so. In 1960, that condition was removed from election legislation.

Citizen

Electoral Member
Jan 6, 2006
Did you mean Lester Pearson's cabinet?

3? (Pierre Trudeau, John Turner and Jean Chretien)