“Higher food, energy costs are deliberate??”

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
We're pretty much in agreement. If you're going to do something peaceful but illegal, it's best to aim it directly at the highest-profile and closely-related-to-the-harm target. Block the MP's driveway, or the MPs' entrance to Parliament. You'll get all the attention you could possibly crave, and you'll be inconveniencing the ones most directly responsible for your problem.
“Peaceful in definition but not intent” regarding obstructing & punishing a third party to garner media attention to a separate cause hoping for a violent reaction?

Is this closer in describing the blocking of busy intersections or blocking of railroads or what have you…to try to punish a government or a pipeline company, etc…?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Law's pretty clear on what violence is, and you have no right to commit it, regardless of the "provocation." If it ain't violent, it's peaceful.

Like I said, I don't approve of any of it, but I get what they're trying to do.

Reactions: Ron in Regina

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Law's pretty clear on what violence is, and you have no right to commit it, regardless of the "provocation." If it ain't violent, it's peaceful.

Like I said, I don't approve of any of it, but I get what they're trying to do.
This is an interesting read. Long (8 pages) but it looks at the protests in Canada from the four different directions. Offers the different perspectives & critics to all.

Reactions: Tecumsehsbones

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
This is an interesting read. Long (8 pages) but it looks at the protests in Canada from the four different directions. Offers the different perspectives & critics to all.

Thank you.

Ya got me. In law school, we never read anything over 8-10 pages. If it's longer, they excerpt it for the points they want to make.

Which is why I always say "Law school is for people who are too dumb to understand higher math and too lazy to read the classics."

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Thank you.

Ya got me. In law school, we never read anything over 8-10 pages. If it's longer, they excerpt it for the points they want to make.

Which is why I always say "Law school is for people who are too dumb to understand higher math and too lazy to read the classics."
Years ago I was a (one of many) sounding board for someone taking the Bar (in SK) Exam, with the 300 (or so) prep questions to help form critic though.

Much of the time the questions had no real correct answers but lead to much creative debate. Eventually you’d arrive at the best most convincing argument trying to debate these theoretical questions and rarely did they have anything to do with the law, but everything to do with changing your perspective on the debating of the questions themselves.

For example, “If you’re in a car, travelling at exactly the speed of light, and you then turn on the headlights, what will happen?” (This one actually has an answer but many of the questions really didn’t.)