Help me understand something about bar credit...

TheShadow

Electoral Member
Apr 24, 2020
Grand Bend
So I am watching a bit of "Bar Rescue" which I know is a little staged and dramatic.

So I keep hearing that these bars can be 200 or even 300 thousand dollars in debt and are still operating.

How do they get the credit to keep doing that and still operate?

At what point do the creditors just pull the plug and when they do, how do they get any of their money back?

harrylee

Man of Memes
Mar 22, 2019
Ontario
Oh....I thought you wanted advise on how to run a tab at your local establishment......lol

No idea, but a few hundred thousand is pocket change when it comes to debt these days. Scares the hell outa me though. I was sweating bullets when I signed a 43,000 mortgage on my 1st house.

Reactions: petros

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
So I am watching a bit of "Bar Rescue" which I know is a little staged and dramatic.

So I keep hearing that these bars can be 200 or even 300 thousand dollars in debt and are still operating.

How do they get the credit to keep doing that and still operate?

At what point do the creditors just pull the plug and when they do, how do they get any of their money back?
By putting up secured assets like homes as collateral and high interest unsecured loans.

TheShadow

Electoral Member
Apr 24, 2020
Grand Bend
LOL!

It's been a while since I ran a tab anywhere. ;)

But I just don't get how these places can run up huge debt like that and still function.

At some point how do they know they will never pay it back or catch up and why do creditors let it get so high?