hate to brag but......

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
In B.C., more than a quarter of the respondents scored in the highest literacy level. That's ten percentage points higher than the national average. But it's not unusual.

Lynn Barr-Telford of Statistics Canada says the western provinces and the Yukon usually rank at the top.

The study shows that Ontario, Manitoba and Nova Scotia have an average score, while literacy levels in Nunavut, Quebec and Newfoundland are among the lowest in Canada.

http://www.statcan.ca/Daily/English/051109/d051109a.htm

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005
hate to brag but......

Yeah? Well if your so feckin' literate, how is it that you don't know what an ellipsis is supposed to look like, eh, smarty-pants? :wink:

(Three dots, lil' p, ( ... ), only ever three dots. An ellipsis followed by a fullstop ( .... ) may look like a four dot ellipsis, but there is no such thing).

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
In B.C., more than a quarter of the respondents scored in the highest literacy level. That's ten percentage points higher than the national average.

Oh yeah? Well I can balance a beer bottle on my belly while rolling a smoke, so there! 8)

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Reverend Blair said:
In B.C., more than a quarter of the respondents scored in the highest literacy level. That's ten percentage points higher than the national average.

Oh yeah? Well I can balance a beer bottle on my belly while rolling a smoke, so there! 8)
:lol: :lol: :cheers: :laughing4:

zenfisher

House Member
Sep 12, 2004
Seattle
Reverend Blair said:

Very true ...I have witnessed him do this many times...in an hour long period...

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005
Slightly off-topic, but as we're talking balancing beer ... I was at beer festival in Belgium some time ago, and decided I wanted to keep one of the stein glasses from the beer keller, as a souvenir. Unfortunately, there were cops on the door, so I needed a plan, and fast. Well, as you may or may not know, the wearing of silly hats is as much a part of the beer festival scene as the oompah band, so I went to the silly hat stall and bought myself an oversize tophat, balanced the stein on top of my head, placed the hat over it and walked, very stiffly past the armed guards on the door. The job's a good 'un. 8)

Not bad, after a whole day on the lash - of course, I promptly left the stein glass in my hotel room when i left the next day. Still got that tophat, though ... :?

Andygal

Electoral Member
May 13, 2005
BC
Literate, but man oh man, look at the gov'ts you people elect. Obviously, that literacy isn't put to use very often.

Well I didn't vote for those feckers you can be assured of THAT.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
I would like to know who did andy..course dis island was NDP..knowing that lying cheating fecker campbell, it was probally fixed...I shall nar forget my uncle telling me about the black campbells and never never trust a campbell :?

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005
... and those Frasers are a right dubious bunch, too. In fact, never trust a highlander, fullstop ...

:twisted:

Andygal

Electoral Member
May 13, 2005
BC
RE: hate to brag but.....

Well I know of a bunch that did vote for them. But then I'm from Vancouver. Most of the Greater Vancouver area is Liberal safe seats. They could have run a chimp in my riding and won.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Why you :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: My clan fought at the battle of culloden, what were your doing eh? oh I know...down at the local pub gettin sotted...uh huh :twisted:

Woe is me! the white bodies
That lie out on yonder hillsides,
Uncoffined, unshrouded,
Not even buried in holes;
Those who survived the disaster
Are carried to exile o’erseas by the winds,
The Whigs have got their will of us,
And ‘rebels’ the name that we’re given.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
RE: hate to brag but.....

Not bad, after a whole day on the lash - of course, I promptly left the stein glass in my hotel room when i left the next day. Still got that tophat, though ... Confused
Admit it, you just wanted the hat and needed an excuse to have a silly hat....we know.

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005
Re: RE: hate to brag but.....

Twila said:
Admit it, you just wanted the hat and needed an excuse to have a silly hat....we know.

D'oh! And I would've gotten away with it, too, if it wasn't for you, pesky Twinks ... :?

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005
peapod said:
Why you :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: My clan fought at the battle of culloden, what were your doing eh? oh I know...down at the local pub gettin sotted...uh huh :twisted:

Woe is me! the white bodies
That lie out on yonder hillsides,
Uncoffined, unshrouded,
Not even buried in holes;
Those who survived the disaster
Are carried to exile o’erseas by the winds,
The Whigs have got their will of us,
And ‘rebels’ the name that we’re given.

Grrr ... I'll have you know, my clan was known as "The Kingmakers of Ulster". Until the destruction of Gaelic order in the 17th Century the o Hagain's were one of the most powerful and influential families in Ulster, holding the title Lord of Tullohogue. Chiefs of the Clan Feargusa, they descended from Fergus grandson of Niall of the Nine Hostages, King of Ireland from 370 to 406. For over six hundred years the o Hagain's were hereditary brehons and inaugurators of O'Neill as King of Ulster.

So yes, okay, in 1745 we probably were in the pub ...