Harper set to replace Blair as Bush's favourite puppet!

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now
peapod said:
No Jo his other handle is grover...man talk about lame games.

Ok so I was wrong. It was the "Truth I am right and your not so you better learn" attitude that piqued my assumption...Perhaps they're Cusins.
G'eee Huyak

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Re: RE: Harper set to replace

Summer said:
I sense there is a bridge somewhere with a "For Rent" sign underneath it.... :lol:

would that be the same one with "For SALE " on the other side??? :) :wink:

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Jo Canadian said:
peapod said:
No Jo his other handle is grover...man talk about lame games.

Ok so I was wrong. It was the "Truth I am right and your not so you better learn" attitude that piqued my assumption...Perhaps they're Cusins.
G'eee Huyak

ah geez........THAT is scary.........as this kind of stuff can "run in the family".. :wink: (and keep morphing))

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Re: RE: Harper set to replace

Summer said:
Ocean Breeze said:
Summer said:
I sense there is a bridge somewhere with a "For Rent" sign underneath it.... :lol:

would that be the same one with "For SALE " on the other side??? :) :wink:

Yep, and it runs right over some prime real estate just off the coast.....
:thumbleft:

was afraid of that.. :wink: :lol:

Alberta'sfinest

Electoral Member
Dec 9, 2005
RE: Harper set to replace

I find it funny how everyone criticized Saddam for the actions taken against uprisings in Iraq, but the US has killed almost as many Iraqies in three years, as Saddam did in his entire reign. How is Iraq better off, and what did they do to the US to deserve this treatment? Nothing, the Iraqies have done nothing to any western country. The only sort of western nation they've ever attacked in any way, is Israel. Although to be fair, zionist Israelis hate muslims just as much as the muslims hate the Jews. The US is there for oil. They're killing thousands of Iraqis just to gaurentee those oil supplies for the future won't be sold in Euros. I swear, people are so gullible.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
Martin says Harper has 'no business' becoming PM

A teaser:

Liberal Leader Paul Martin returned to the campaign trail on Saturday claiming victory in Friday night's debate over Conservative Leader Stephen Harper.

At a rally with Liberal candidates from the Lower Mainland, Martin portrayed Harper as lacking what it takes to be prime minister. "Stephen Harper last night said this was a phoney war of words, well let me tell you something, I don't think there's anything phoney about defending jobs in Canada."[/end of teaser]

He is right, Harper would be a bad pm not to mention Georgies puppet.

MMMike

Council Member
Mar 21, 2005
Toronto
Harper is right. This issue has been going on for so long... Martin only starts to talk tough when the election rolls around??? What a phoney.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

Yeah, Martin should have placed an export tax on energy being sold to the US. He likely should have done it before the last US election...this thing would have been solved immediately.

Would Harper have done that though? Nah. Instead he would have created some special negotiaters to make a deal. Wait a second though...we already have a deal. The US is breaking it. Why would Harper be willing to renegotiate?

Well, let's look at his record of kneeling in front of George Bush. What a record that is. The man is even worse than Martin.

BigBen

Dec 16, 2005
Out of curiosity, does anyone here think it's possible to be FRIENDS with GWB? It just seems like the common belief here is that if anyone wanted to improve relations with the states, they'd automatically be GWB's bitch. Personally I think we're heading in the wrong direction, trying to bash the states because it seems to be politically popular, especially over hypocritical issues such as greenhouse gas emissions. I wonder if people will realize we've been taking the wrong path when we'll have to have passports to go to the states. Maybe I'm an idealist for thinking that you can be nice to the states without doing everything they say?

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

In the current political climate it is not possible to be even vaguely familiar with the US without George considering you his bitch, Big Ben. That wasn't always the case, and hopefully they'll impeach and imprison the bastard soon so things can return to something approaching normalcy.

Canada can and should deal with the US as an equal. That does not require deep integration or trade deals that only we follow. If the US will not deal with us as an equal, then we must respond appropriately. That includes open criticism and sanctions where appropriate.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
bash the states because it seems to be politically popular,

don't see it that way at all. Don't think the heavy criticism of the US (FULLY JUSTIFIED......one might add)......is the current vogue or passtime. These are very serious times and the US leader is NOT anyone wants to have anything to do with .......unless they are willing to compromize themselves (aka prostitute themselves) to his whims.

as the rev says.........all we can do is hope the US population smartens up and gets that bloke out of office so things can be examined more objectively.and some semblance of constructive interaction can take place again. bush has fostered......and quite deliberately..........such anger at the US R .....and the population too......(for "electing him" TWICE.................what the hell were they thinking?? or were they?? :roll: :x