HAPPY CANADA DAY - !!!!

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Ocean Breeze said:
I think not said:
I cannot for the life of me understand why some people from Quebec don't even consider celebrating Canada Day. If not unpatriotic it is incredibly rude.

it's not only people from Quebec that don't "celebrate" or sensationalize this day. Patriotism as defined in the US is not something that CA puts much emphasis on. The fact remains, that we all love where we live, we do care for our country and don't feel the need to sensationalize it , the way the US does. Canadians don't have to go around pumping their chests,waving flags and singing "patriotic" songs to prove a point. What is felt in CA is much deeper and meaningful. Symbolism is superficial anyhow.--and for the most part meaningless.

furthermore if some don't "celebrate" the day......so what. They are free to do as they wish. It is their freedom of choice that is respected , not their "patriotism" on demand. a very different mindset here.

Quebec has a unique and colorful flavor to it . It has a unique culture , and its being a part of the Canada is treasured......for what it is. ( although some fanatics will argue that ) Going to Quebec is like having a cultural immersion......and a terrific learning experience that broadens one's horizens to the "world out there". As it should be.

My comment went over your head again, but I'll leave it at that and let you enjoy your day and pick it up tomorrow.

choppie

Nominee Member
Mar 24, 2005
Happy Canada Day!!
I am celebrating in true Canadian fashion....hungover and drinkin :lol:
fire...bar-b-q.....good friends and family.....nothing better. :canada:

Cathou

Electoral Member
Apr 24, 2005
Montréal
Re: RE: HAPPY CANADA DAY - !!

Wetcoast40 said:
Hey, Cathou, I thought the end of May was moving day in Quebec! Anyway, Happy Canada Day and I'm sure you will be enjoying many more of them!

like i said, it was, but not anymore since 1974. that way kids could finished their school year before moving and changing school sometimes...

again, i dont celebrate it, but happy canada day to all of you :D

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
I think not said:
Ocean Breeze said:
I think not said:
I cannot for the life of me understand why some people from Quebec don't even consider celebrating Canada Day. If not unpatriotic it is incredibly rude.

it's not only people from Quebec that don't "celebrate" or sensationalize this day. Patriotism as defined in the US is not something that CA puts much emphasis on. The fact remains, that we all love where we live, we do care for our country and don't feel the need to sensationalize it , the way the US does. Canadians don't have to go around pumping their chests,waving flags and singing "patriotic" songs to prove a point. What is felt in CA is much deeper and meaningful. Symbolism is superficial anyhow.--and for the most part meaningless.

furthermore if some don't "celebrate" the day......so what. They are free to do as they wish. It is their freedom of choice that is respected , not their "patriotism" on demand. a very different mindset here.

Quebec has a unique and colorful flavor to it . It has a unique culture , and its being a part of the Canada is treasured......for what it is. ( although some fanatics will argue that ) Going to Quebec is like having a cultural immersion......and a terrific learning experience that broadens one's horizens to the "world out there". As it should be.

My comment went over your head again, but I'll leave it at that and let you enjoy your day and pick it up tomorrow.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :bs: :canada:

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now