Happy Australia Day

Cherub786

Nominee Member
Jan 24, 2021
Beautiful country. The people? Not so much. Bunch of drunken losers like their criminal ancestors. But I don't want to spoil Australia Day. We need to fully back Australia against evil Chinese aggression too

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Beautiful country. The people? Not so much. Bunch of drunken losers like their criminal ancestors. But I don't want to spoil Australia Day. We need to fully back Australia against evil Chinese aggression too

What is now the USA was Britain's penal colony before Australia was.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Britain used the American colonies as its penal colonies originally. It was only when the USA gained its independence from Britain in 1776 that Britain had to look elsewhere to send her convicts - and she decided upon Australia.

Reactions: taxslave

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
The real criminals stayed in England. Only the poor ans starving got sent to Australia.

America and then Australia were penal colonies. It's where we sent our convicts, like theives and murderers.

Cherub786

Nominee Member
Jan 24, 2021
America and then Australia were penal colonies. It's where we sent our convicts, like theives and murderers.
The vast majority of colonists who settled in America were fleeing religious persecution, or otherwise were not criminals but people in search of livelihood and fortunes. That's the American Dream. If the original American colonists were all a bunch of thieves and murderers how did they create such a great nation? How did they have such beautiful ideas about freedom and liberty. How did they write a document, the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, not to mention the Declaration of Independence, which centuries later is still the ideal for the civilized world?

Cherub786

Nominee Member
Jan 24, 2021
Sounds almost like you are talking about ontariOWE.
Well I'm definitely not talking about the GTA, the most sophisticated and educated part of the country. The GTA is basically the New York of Canada. It has historic communities of Jews, Italians, Greeks, Irish, South Asians and Caribbeans. It has the best universities, the intellectual nerve center.

• Haha
Reactions: taxslave

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
The vast majority of colonists who settled in America were fleeing religious persecution, or otherwise were not criminals but people in search of livelihood and fortunes. That's the American Dream. If the original American colonists were all a bunch of thieves and murderers how did they create such a great nation? How did they have such beautiful ideas about freedom and liberty. How did they write a document, the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, not to mention the Declaration of Independence, which centuries later is still the ideal for the civilized world?

The Founding Fathers of the United States were slaveowners.

Britain sent 50,000 of her convicts to the American colonies.

Cherub786

Nominee Member
Jan 24, 2021
The Founding Fathers of the United States were slaveowners.

Britain sent 50,000 of her convicts to the American colonies.
I'm skeptical about that 50 thousand figure, but for the sake of argument, 50 thousand is nothing considering that the population of the colonies in 1776 was 2.5 million.
Regarding slavery, that's just a red herring. Most of the world had slavery in those days. Britain abolished slavery in 1833. The US completely abolished slavery after the civil war in 1865. A mere 30 year difference, is that really such a big deal? Britain had less pressure to maintain slavery because their economy didn't depend on it. The cotton plantations in the South was the reason slavery persisted a little longer in the US

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I'm skeptical about that 50 thousand figure, but for the sake of argument, 50 thousand is nothing considering that the population of the colonies in 1776 was 2.5 million.
Regarding slavery, that's just a red herring. Most of the world had slavery in those days. Britain abolished slavery in 1833. The US completely abolished slavery after the civil war in 1865. A mere 30 year difference, is that really such a big deal? Britain had less pressure to maintain slavery because their economy didn't depend on it. The cotton plantations in the South was the reason slavery persisted a little longer in the US

I don't care if you're skeptical about it. It's true.

Slavery was abolished in England in 1102, 763 years before it was abolished in America.

• Haha
Reactions: Cherub786

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Well I'm definitely not talking about the GTA, the most sophisticated and educated part of the country. The GTA is basically the New York of Canada. It has historic communities of Jews, Italians, Greeks, Irish, South Asians and Caribbeans. It has the best universities, the intellectual nerve center.
Toronto is a shithole full of clueless retards that create most of the problems in this country.