Halifax prof quits after sexual relationship with student revealed

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Behaviour is a choice, the inability to walk is not. What kind of fu*cked up freaking analogy is that???
You answered your own question. It's a "fu*cked up freaking" analogy.

And yes the morally handicapped can go screw themselves, I will not cater to them. Nobody should.
Wimp. Compromiser. Collaborator.

What we need to do is deliberately build barriers to the handicapped into every street, sidewalk, and building!

Damn cripples.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
You answered your own question. It's a "fu*cked up freaking" analogy.

Yes, I know. I should know better to engage, I really should. But do you ever have a "WTF" moment and you just run with it?

Wimp. Compromiser. Collaborator.

What we need to do is deliberately build barriers to the handicapped into every street, sidewalk, and building!

Damn cripples.
I know you're being facetious but that's almost a better alternative to me than redefining society standards for every turd that can't keep his di*ck in his pants. Almost.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Yes, I know. I should know better to engage, I really should. But do you ever have a "WTF" moment and you just run with it?

I know you're being facetious but that's almost a better alternative to me than redefining society standards for every turd that can't keep his di*ck in his pants. Almost.
Well, as a turd who likes to have his d*ck out of his pants whenever possible, I can't really agree with you there.

But I still have enough self-respect to jerk off rather than using my authority to coerce a woman to blow me.

Must be coz I'm unnatural.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
"Never trust a woman or an automatic pistol"

John Dillinger, who was betrayed by a woman, and who died with an Colt auto in his hand.

(BTW, I trust both a woman and some automatic pistols)

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
"Never trust a woman or an automatic pistol"

John Dillinger, who was betrayed by a woman, and who died with an Colt auto in his hand.

(BTW, I trust both a woman and some automatic pistols)

Oh Colpy! Women can be dangerous! ;)

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Behaviour is a choice, the inability to walk is not. What kind of fu*cked up freaking analogy is that???

And yes the morally handicapped can go screw themselves, I will not cater to them. Nobody should.

Unlike you I accept that humans are not perfect and I'd like to still include them in our society.
Even the morally handicapped.

Cause just like people that can't walk
Morally handicapped people wouldn't act that way if they had control over it.
And people who can't walk would walk if they could.

Like you said. Millions do it every day without a problem.

Yes, it's the logical fallacy of argumentum ad naturam. It comes in two parts:

1. The unsupported assertion that "natural" is superior to "unnatural," and

2. Cherry-picking what is "natural" to support your argument for doing this or that.

Better to base it on nature then to base it on opinions

Let's analys this:

So you're saying any arguments based on the assumption we are natural is wrong?

So if we ain't natural what are we?
Created in gods image?

Oh! I get it. You're arguing based on you're beliefs in creationism.

Well that would explains why we don't agree!

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Wow. Talk about making sh*it up to argue against. :roll:

If it's mak **** up to you, you obviously don't have the intellectual ability to understand it.

It's ok you're only human SLM

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
So you're saying any arguments based on the assumption we are natural is wrong?

So if we ain't natural what are we?
Created in gods image?

Oh! I get it. You're arguing based on you're beliefs in creationism.

Well that would explains why we don't agree!
And that's the strawman fallacy. Make up an argument you think you can beat, ascribe it to your interlocutor, and argue against it.

Essentially it's talking to yourself (well, that and lying). Both very natural, I'm sure. For you.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Unlike many I do not argue to only fulfil a need to feel right. If you guys can give me a good argument based on something real like nature or other reality I will agree and adopt it in my beliefs.

And that's the strawman fallacy. Make up an argument you think you can beat, ascribe it to your interlocutor, and argue against it.

Essentially it's talking to yourself (well, that and lying). Both very natural, I'm sure. For you.

Then explain the straw man fallacy

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Then you can prove that you understand what I'm saying by giving me a example of why humans ain't natural like you keep insisting.
Depends on your definition of "natural." And I never said humans aren't natural. I just pointed out that your definition "natural" appears to be "whatever Angstrom likes."

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Depends on your definition of "natural." And I never said humans aren't natural. I just pointed out that your definition "natural" appears to be "whatever Angstrom likes."

Yes as soon as opinions are added into anything it has the potential to go wrong I agree.
Gerryh pointed that out to me in the girl killed herself because of gay conversion therapy thread.
If you care to read it.

I changed my beliefs in that case. I will do the same with you if you can point out where I erred,
And explain why.

And that's the strawman fallacy. Make up an argument you think you can beat, ascribe it to your interlocutor, and argue against it

How is that different then any other discussion? That's why it's called debating.... If you can't give me a good argument to counter my logic then we must try harder. How else can we discover the truth of our world?