Gender Neutral

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
LMAO! I heard a young man today say that the only way to make people gender neutral would be to spay and neuter everyone.

I'm not sure how gender neutrality is supposed to work but I know a lot of women will be upset if they aren't able to marry a man. And vice versa!

Do you suppose we can look forward to government placing a quota on how many man/woman relationships vs. man/man or woman/woman they will allow?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
LMAO! I heard a young man today say that the only way to make people gender neutral would be to spay and neuter everyone.

I'm not sure how gender neutrality is supposed to work but I know a lot of women will be upset if they aren't able to marry a man. And vice versa!

Do you suppose we can look forward to government placing a quota on how many man/woman relationships vs. man/man or woman/woman they will allow?

are you for real?

You admit to not knowing what is meant by "gender neutral" and then proceed to write bullshyte and prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are a complete idiot. Not just an idiot, but a complete idiot.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
University cancels homecoming king and queen in favour of gender-neutral titles
Author of the article:postmedia News
Publishing date:Apr 30, 2021 • 18 hours ago • 1 minute read • 12 Comments
Several U.S. colleges and universities are no longer ditching the traditional homecoming king and queen titles for gender-neutral royal titles.
Several U.S. colleges and universities are no longer ditching the traditional homecoming king and queen titles for gender-neutral royal titles.
Article content
It seems the tradition of crowning a homecoming king and queen at American schools is no longer popular among the woke generation.

Following the move of several schools in recent years, the University of Oklahoma has dropped the usual homecoming “king and queen” titles, replacing them with gender-neutral homecoming “royalty” titles honouring two students, Fox-affiliated KOKH-TV reported.

This year, two men named Justin Norris and Reece Henry won the titles.

“I mean, the world is changing and OU continues to change with it,” Norris said. “With this court not being equally split six and six, you know, male and female, it just shows there are so many different types of people who deserve to be recognized.”

For many American high schools and colleges, fall homecoming celebrations not only lift school spirit but also bring the community together.

The move to dethrone the conventional homecoming king and queen comes as several schools, colleges and universities across the United States have dropped those titles in favour of titles more inclusive for those who don’t conform to traditional gender identities.

In 2017, Northwestern University opted to name one “Homecoming Wildcat,” who can choose to wear a crown, tiara or gender-neutral headwear at a pep rally.

That same year, the University of Minnesota joined nearby University of Iowa, University of Wisconsin-Stout and Winona State University in adopting gender-neutral homecoming titles.

In October 2019, Milford High School in Ohio crowned two female students “homecoming royalty.”

• Haha
Reactions: Mowich