For lunch today I had.....

galianomama

Council Member
Jun 29, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
today for lunch i had garlic chicken soup and a huge green salad from one of my fave restaurants...the grindstone...oh, and a coffee. not of that latte garbage either, just a regular joe. 8)

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
RE: For lunch today I had

Regular joe? What's that? Is that some kind of new fangled drink all dem yungins is drinken?

Just kidding. Coffee flavoured coffee is my favourite coffee flavoured coffee drink.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: "a bowel of bran" emma :p That galaniomama did you read her post, the women dines out everyday!!!! You can catch her, in any funky restaurant in victoria, snorting up food. 8O No wonder she has to work, somebody got to pay for her gastro fetish.
Blah! I am having curry butter chicken and basmati rice for lunch, yum yum...and of course roti bread.

EmmaDibbs

Electoral Member
Nov 26, 2004
Bournemouth, UK
Oh- that sounds lovely Pea...you'll have to excuse my spelling!! Anyway my dinner is Mediterranean sausage salad and toast (you may have guessed that we are emptying the fridge before our hols!!!)
What is Roti bread?

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

I have my beer and my cigarettes. Oh, and I fried up a couple of eggs, refried some mashed taters (in real butter), and tossed an onion in for good measure. I smothered the whole thing in pepper and garlic powder, then dumped on some ketchup.

It was yummy.

EmmaDibbs

Electoral Member
Nov 26, 2004
Bournemouth, UK
Sounds yummy- you all have yummy things and I have a salad! It is yummy but I wants what you all have...apart from the cigarettes...I have food envy!

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

Lunch today:

Rice noodles, bbq skewered pork. From one of the best vietnamese restaurants in this neck of the woods.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

I'm eating cold mushrooms from a can. I nuked some leftover garlic butter to dip them in, but that ran out before the mushrooms.

They're good though....

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
I was a pig today and ate 1- big extra, 1- Mchicken and small fries.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

Small fries with that gluttenous meal?

My favourite is so that supersize a already large meal but order a diet coke.......I refuse diet anything. or fat free anything. If I'm going to eat I'm going to enjoy it!

MMMike

Council Member
Mar 21, 2005
Toronto
A guy I work with eats McDonalds all the time, but always gets a milk to drink. Just something weird about that. For lunch I had ham & havarti on ciabatta bread..... mmmmm

Canucklehead

Apr 6, 2005
BLT Sub was the order of the day Mmmm

I refuse diet anything. or fat free anything. If I'm going to eat I'm going to enjoy it!

I saw a newsclip a few years ago that said feeding kids lowfat milk reduced their ability to metabolise fats in adulthood and contributed to being overwieght. They also suggested this may hold true for other fatty foods (within reason of course). A nice bit vindication for us who like our food non-diet (read: full-flavoured) and table cream in our coffee. 8)

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Real food is well flavored, you just have to know what it is and how to cook it :p

For lunch I am eating a jar of pickled asparagus...but I am not going to eat that halberno pepper again. :twisted: