Florida Just Gave Disney the Finger.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Yep, and DeSantis basically just told every company that works in Florida, or would want to have offices there, that they better do as he says or there will be consequences.

We'll see how it plays out; if Disney pulls a lot of stuff out of Florida because DeSantis wanted his 'rile the base photo op' moment and if others go with them or not.

As it is, he screwed the people who live around Disney, and his state because they can't even afford to do HALF of the stuff Disney does in the area.

• Haha
Reactions: B00Mer

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
From what I understand the only people really screwed are the taxpayers of the counties of Florida where Disney is located as they will now have to foot the bill for ambulance and fire services inside the park. The only thing that Disney suffers is delayed approval of new buildings, etc.

Given the law has a clause that it can be easily revoked before June 1st next year when it becomes in effect, I think it will be and this is all just a theatrical production for the benefit of some votes.

Reactions: B00Mer and Serryah

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
From what I understand the only people really screwed are the taxpayers of the counties of Florida where Disney is located as they will now have to foot the bill for ambulance and fire services inside the park. The only thing that Disney suffers is delayed approval of new buildings, etc.

Given the law has a clause that it can be easily revoked before June 1st next year when it becomes in effect, I think it will be and this is all just a theatrical production for the benefit of some votes.

Which it pretty much is... it's a play to the right wing base.

I'm moreso interested to see how this new law suit against the state is going to go about banning the Bible like other books that promote slavery, sexual situations and so on.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Which it pretty much is... it's a play to the right wing base.

I'm moreso interested to see how this new law suit against the state is going to go about banning the Bible like other books that promote slavery, sexual situations and so on.
They might have to ban about 2/3 of it if they win. The Bible tells us these 3 things about slavery in various locations:
  • You should not have slaves
  • You should treat your slaves well.
  • If you are a slave you should obey your master.