Federal budget update:

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I guess the question is. . . if the Liberals are as doomed as folk here think they are, why not ram through their entire dream sheet of legislation before they go gently into that good nigh?

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
I guess the question is. . . if the Liberals are as doomed as folk here think they are, why not ram through their entire dream sheet of legislation before they go gently into that good nigh?
As I stated on a Canadian political news website, the libs are using a scorched Earth policy. They know they are about to be decimated in the next election. So the idea is to destroy the economy and inflict so much financial damage to the country that the new Conservative government will be forced to maintain taxes where they are, or better yet raise taxes to cover committed program funding. Then they will yell that the Conservatives lied about cutting taxes. The liberal owned media, that just lost their welfare cheques will naturally make as strong a case as they can for the liberal lies.

Reactions: Ron in Regina

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
As I stated on a Canadian political news website, the libs are using a scorched Earth policy. They know they are about to be decimated in the next election. So the idea is to destroy the economy and inflict so much financial damage to the country that the new Conservative government will be forced to maintain taxes where they are, or better yet raise taxes to cover committed program funding. Then they will yell that the Conservatives lied about cutting taxes. The liberal owned media, that just lost their welfare cheques will naturally make as strong a case as they can for the liberal lies.
Or the next government will have to trim so much garbage and fat, while the Liberal/NDP & NDP/Liberals point out that the next government is trimming garbage and fat “taking things away” that just didn’t work or the money just wasn’t there for anyway….as selling features for future elections (not the one Oct 27th, 2025).

Somebody has to clean up the mess, & the more garbage the Liberal/NDP can throw on top of the mound in the next 18 months, the more that the next government has to clean up and be criticized for doing so.