Example what over population and capitalism does

OmegaOm

Electoral Member
Nov 4, 2017
'Very dire situation': Disappearance of Alberta's caribou threatens centuries-old way of life - Edmonton - CBC News

We are killing off the caribou by increasing our economy and growth. Wildlife needs very much untouched lands to survive, period.

only solution is to limit growth and capitalistic expansion.

This is only one current example.

We have 36 million people in Canada now. Do we need to increase the population to make more money. Or do we need to just make enough money to support our current population.

With Capitalism you have to make as much money as you possible can, witch requires more and more workers polluting more and more land, making more and more animal species extinct, gone for ever, you aint ever going to see them again.

I am just speaking for the environment. I wish for Canada's population to reduce not increase.
Canada, Russia and Brazil, are all thats left on Earth with large natural ecosystem. Do we really need to squash these too.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Sorry to break it to you but we need to grow our population to pay for all our social benefits like healthcare and Canada pention plan. Without population growth these social programs are unsustainable.

Social programs have nothing to do with capitalism

You have been misled.

Capitalism has nothing in relation with the government of Canada’s immigration policy.

Last edited:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Sorry to break it to you but we need to grow our population to pay for all our social benefits like healthcare and Canada pention plan. Without population growth these social programs are unsustainable.

Social programs have nothing to do with capitalism

You have been misled.

Capitalism has nothing in relation with the government of Canada’s immigration policy.

I think maybe there's a million answers to this conundrum! What is the country comprised of? What are the natural resources? What are the climate belts like? Does it lend itself to the easy establishment of transportation modes and route locations? Are there any easily accessible resources and are they any markets nearby? I think these things have to be answered before a plan can be formulated. I think a continued population growth in most cases will only work for so long. Then there are philosophical beliefs of the population.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Healthcare in Ontario is available to everyone, working or not as is the CPP and OAS etc.

And if Trudeau went after his friends (and others) stashing their taxable money off shore to even the playing field that would mitigate the shortage for expanded social programs...

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Healthcare in Ontario is available to everyone, working or not as is the CPP and OAS etc.

And if Trudeau went after his friends (and others) stashing their taxable money off shore to even the playing field that would mitigate the shortage for expanded social programs...

If you wish. You can look at the legislation itself for healthcare and Canada pention plan. It is written right in the legislation that population growth is the means of sustainability of those programs.

Im not making this up. Its the main reasons Canada will always have mass immigration no matter what government we have. We have population growth requirements written in those legislation.