Ever tried durian candy?

smilingfish

Just a tiny fish
Dec 13, 2006
Some girls in our office took a fun trip to Thailand and brought back some durian candies for us. :lol:

Now we have this durian smell everywhere!:cool:

Well most of them can't take this stinky smell so they spit it into their wastebaskets. I'm ok with it. So they all give me the rest of their candies. lol

And now the guy behind me says:"Why don't you smoke? 8O That'd be much better than chewing this stinky candy in public!"8O 8O 8O

Yeah, now my mouth stinks...:-|

mapleleafgirl

Electoral Member
Dec 13, 2006
windsor,ontario
Some girls in our office took a fun trip to Thailand and brought back some durian candies for us. :lol:

Now we have this durian smell everywhere!:cool:

Well most of them can't take this stinky smell so they spit it into their wastebaskets. I'm ok with it. So they all give me the rest of their candies. lol

And now the guy behind me says:"Why don't you smoke? 8O That'd be much better than chewing this stinky candy in public!"8O 8O 8O

Yeah, now my mouth stinks...:-|

never heard of it. what is it made of?

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
lol. well, if you enjoy it, perhaps you should consider being kind to your coworkers, bagging it up, and taking it home to enjoy.

Durian's one of those things I'll never get. I'm all about the full package. If it looks good smells good tastes good, I'll eat it. But if it smells bad, no way. I don't care if it tastes like heaven itself, if it smells bad enough to have been banned from hotels, then I really don't want to try eating it! lol. The one show I watched talked about how it can take cleaning ladies up to two days to 'destink' a room if someone opens a durian fruit in a hotel room, and often the whole floor needs to be evacuated and aired out. lol. ugh!

smilingfish

Just a tiny fish
Dec 13, 2006
never heard of it. what is it made of?
Durian. The stinky fruit.

I've never tried the fruit yet. Durian candy is much better than the fruit! lol

At least when you unwrap the candy, it doesn't smell that much. Only when you're chewing it, the guy behind you will start to complain. I guess if I unwrap a durian fruit in the office, the whole company will scream and throw me out of window. :lol:

Word of advice: next time when someone comes back from Thailand and gives you this little yellow candy, be careful.;-)

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
durian fruit:

bread fruit:

Prior to reading this thread, I never heard of durian. But I have tried bread fruit and wonder if it is the same thing. Bread fruit tastes like absolute crapola.

smilingfish

Just a tiny fish
Dec 13, 2006
durian fruit:

bread fruit:

Prior to reading this thread, I never heard of durian. But I have tried bread fruit and wonder if it is the same thing. Bread fruit tastes like absolute crapola.
They look alike outside, but when you cut them open, it's different inside.

lysyfacet

Life is good!
Apr 12, 2007
Brampton, ON
lol...thats happened to me at school before. I bunch of kids were eating this candy, and let me tel you, it had an awful smell. Like said above, be nice to your co-works and take it home. No point in making the people around you upset with you over some candy you love :p