Erwin Rommel

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
If I can answer for #juan, I think he knows that.

#juan just comparing the 6 million holocaust number
to the number of dead allies and axis power military
and citizens.

There's a sense that the Jews have used the holocaust
to further their aims and that the 6 million holocaust
dead is a smaller number than what some other nations
experienced or non-jews experienced.

But the holocaust was quite an interesting abomination
above and beyond the horrors of war.

If this had happened to the muslims or christians you
would hear the same efforts at ensuring the memory
never fades.

And this wasn't just a genocide like that tried on the
Armenians or on the Kurds or on the Bosnian muslims or on Dafur blacks, this particular genocide had peculiarities like bars of soap
that used to be somebody's great grandfather.

Jewish commercial over.

And now we return you to this thread's presentation
about Erwin Rommel ---- who I believe had a son that
was Mayor until the mid 90s (?) in some West German town.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Re: RE: Erwin Rommel

Andem said:
Lifestream said:
Ah Rommel. I wish I learned more about his tactics in my history course. Alas, we discuss diplomacy foremost and sweep battles and manoevers under the rug.

They don't normally teach German history in Canadian schools. They only thing I learned (even being a German) was to hate Germans :roll: and consider them as evil. All I ever heard about Germany in secondary school was

6 Million!
6 Million!
6 Million!
6 Million!
6 Million!
6 Million!

Of course, there's a lot more to wwii and German history than that. What a racist education system I went through!

Yeah.

When I was in university one of my Education Profs was German. We had a debate over a history requirement that the Holocaust be taught in European History as a separate section. He could not understand why that genocide was separate and apart from the genocides of Cambodia, or the Armenians of Turkey, or any of the African ones, ad nauseum.

My argument is this: The German genocide of the Jews is much more relevant to us, because the Germans ARE us.

Germany was a modern European, white, industrialized democratic state in 1932, and it descended into a monster state with a coherent process of elimination of a race. If this could happen there, it could happen here, or anywhere in the West.

If this was Cambodia, or Africa, many people would dismiss genocide as "those people do this stuff all the time, it can't be helped".

But the Germans are us.

Don't take it personally, it is not as much a condemnation of specifically German evil as it is a warning of the evil in all of us. No matter how "white" and civilized we are.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
When I was in university one of my Education Profs was German. We had a debate over a history requirement that the Holocaust be taught in European History as a separate section. He could not understand why that genocide was separate and apart from the genocides of Cambodia, or the Armenians of Turkey, or any of the African ones, ad nauseum.

My argument is this: The German genocide of the Jews is much more relevant to us, because the Germans ARE us.

Germany was a modern European, white, industrialized democratic state in 1932, and it descended into a monster state with a coherent process of elimination of a race. If this could happen there, it could happen here, or anywhere in the West.

If this was Cambodia, or Africa, many people would dismiss genocide as "those people do this stuff all the time, it can't be helped".

But the Germans are us.

Don't take it personally, it is not as much a condemnation of specifically German evil as it is a warning of the evil in all of us. No matter how "white" and civilized we are.

So white people are more civilized then someone else.

All Genocide should be discussed, not just the Holocaust, it is terrible yes, but the other genocides of the world should not be forgotten.

Just because they were white-people doesn't mean squat. genocide all genocide should be taught and studied so that the point is that everyone is evil or has evil in their hearts and go to extreme lengths to end their obsessions.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Jersay said:

But the Germans are us.

So white people are more civilized then someone else.

All Genocide should be discussed, not just the Holocaust, it is terrible yes, but the other genocides of the world should not be forgotten.

Just because they were white-people doesn't mean squat. genocide all genocide should be taught and studied so that the point is that everyone is evil or has evil in their hearts and go to extreme lengths to end their obsessions.

Exactly my point Jersay, white, civilized people are as apt as any other race to go over the line and engage in mass murder and genocide.

There are lots of people that would tell you such things are impossible in our wonderful, progressive society.

Hogwash.

That is why it is especially important to teach the Holocaust.

The Germans are our reflection in the mirror.