Enlightening enrichment by Britain's diverse cultures

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick

Like many Brits I have parents and grandparents who were involved with the British Empire.

The British Empire only ended in 1997 when we gave Hong Kong to China.

My two grandfathers were officers in the British Army and you didn't fuck with them. They would give their life for me and the rest of the family but other than that they weren't the sort of fellas you'd anger. They both helped in the administration of the Empire as young men.

My mother's father was a tough Scotsman and a British Army officer. My mother and her older and younger brother - my Uncle Alan and Uncle Stephen and their father and mother loved in various places throughout our vast empire. My army officer grandfather was the British "bigwig" in those areas. They lived in Yemen - which is now two countries - and Malaysia. They lived in Singapore in a house on stilts so that it didn't flood during the rainy season. My mother and her brothers and parents loved in Kenya in the early Sixties when it was part of the British Empire. They lived in a mansion in the country with glorious views. They had Kenyan servants. My mother and her brothers even went out on fun adventures with the local Masai Mara.

So of you think I'm bullshitting about my family's role in the British Empire then think again.

Like many Canadians, I had relatives involved in the British Empire before Canada became it's own country.

My grandfather on my dad's side was in WWII and was at Juno. My great uncle - his brother - also at Juno.

My relatives before them came from Scotland, Britain and Ireland.

I've had doctors, lawyers, military people all in my ancestry.

So likely your ancestors did not "Rule" over mine. Rather they'd be peers.

I still think you're full of shit, and trolling about just how "important" your family was, especially considering you're here, of all places, when someone with your background that you claim, should be in a MUCH higher social-economic status than what you give off (which is pretty much lowest of the low). But in case you're not... they likely are very old, traditional British who believed in the old racist views and likely still do since that's something you also believe. They were, as you, part of the worst parts of the British Empire.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Slightly unrelated, but my mum's oldr
Like many Canadians, I had relatives involved in the British Empire before Canada became it's own country.

My grandfather on my dad's side was in WWII and was at Juno. My great uncle - his brother - also at Juno.

My relatives before them came from Scotland, Britain and Ireland.

I've had doctors, lawyers, military people all in my ancestry.

So likely your ancestors did not "Rule" over mine. Rather they'd be peers.

I still think you're full of shit, and trolling about just how "important" your family was, especially considering you're here, of all places, when someone with your background that you claim, should be in a MUCH higher social-economic status than what you give off (which is pretty much lowest of the low). But in case you're not... they likely are very old, traditional British who believed in the old racist views and likely still do since that's something you also believe. They were, as you, part of the worst parts of the British Empire.

I have two bad newses for you...

1) I'm telling the truth.
2) Your country wouldn't even exist without the British Empire.

Although I'm not fussed if you don't believe me. It'll hardly keep me awake at night when I know it's true.

I can barely bring myself to read your incoherence. But all I know is that I'm telling the truth and that your own country owes its existence to the British Empire.

You may disagree with that. But if you do you will still know deep down inside that I'm right.

• Haha
Reactions: Serryah

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Slightly unrelated, but my mum's oldr

I have two bad newses for you...

1) I'm telling the truth.

No way to prove it, as I certainly won't take the word of a narcissistic racist like yourself as 'truth'.

2) Your country wouldn't even exist without the British Empire.

Canada existed before the British Empire came.

I wouldn't exist without the British Empire coming in and confiscating the territory already occupied by Native peoples, that would later be called Canada.

Although I'm not fussed if you don't believe me. It'll hardly keep me awake at night when I know it's true.

I didn't think you'd be bothered regardless.

I can barely bring myself to read your incoherence. But all I know is that I'm telling the truth and that your own country owes its existence to the British Empire.

Whatever you say, Blackie, you elitist prig you.

You may disagree with that. But if you do you will still know deep down inside that I'm right.

Deep down I know Canada was a nation before the British Empire - and before it, the French, and before THAT the Viking - showed up on its shores.

The British just took over because they were more brutal and advanced in tech than the Native tribes.

We could have just as easily been solely French.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I'll say it again: My Scottish grandfather had a wife and three children. They were my grandmother, my mother and my two uncles (by the way, my Uncle Alan took his first ever steps as a toddler within Stonehenge. And even that isn't a lie).

My grandfather was a British Army officer and he was stationed over many years throughout various parts of the empire. And so were his wife and kids.

When they were in Singapore they lived in a house on stilts so that it didn't flood during the rainy season. It was there that my mum's younger brother Stephen as a small boy woke up one night after falling asleep in the living room to see a ghostly figure of a man materialising in a nearby armchair (that's a story my mum has told me several times since I was a young lad).

In Kenya they lived in a large mansion in the countryside. My grandfather was the "ruler" of that vast swathe of British territory. They had Kenyan servants. I remember as a kid seeing a photo of my grandparents and their children on the veranda with a couple or so servants. My mother, as a little girl, and her two brothers became friendly with the local Masai Mara tribe and they went out with them on adventures. They taught my mum and uncles how to kill animals for food and various other things.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
I'll say it again: My Scottish grandfather had a wife and three children. They were my grandmother, my mother and my two uncles (by the way, my Uncle Alan took his first ever steps as a toddler within Stonehenge).

My grandfather was a British Army officer and he was stationed over many years throughout various parts of the empire. And so were his wife and kids.

When they were in Singapore they lived in a house on stilts so that it didn't flood during the rainy season. It was there that my mum's younger brother Stephen as a small boy woke up one night after falling asleep in the living room to see a ghostly figure of a man materialising in a nearby armchair (that's a story my mum has told me several times since I was a young lad).

In Kenya they lived in a large mansion in the countryside. My grandfather was the "ruler" of that vast swathe of British territory. They had Kenyan servants. I remember as a kid seeing a photo of my grandparents and their children on the veranda with a couple or so servants. My mother, as a little girl, and her two brothers became friendly with the local Masai Mara tribe and they went out with them on adventures. They taught my mum and uncles how to kill animals for food and various other things.

Blah blah... quite the fancy.

Thought you didn't care?

Funny thing is about British backgrounds - all of us have "Fantastical" connections.

I've ties to Knighthood and even Nobility (and even Royalty, *gasp*)

Likely so do you.

In the end, we're both pissing into the wind and none of it matters.

You're still a narcissistic racist and always will be.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Considering you like to deny the history of your own country, that's rich.

I learned mine, AND learned yours.

I also don't live in fantasy like you.

Last time I checked Canada was created by the British Empire.

Talk about being ungrateful. Show more gratitude in future.

Do you tell your own parents that you weren't their creation and that you somehow spawned spontaneously?

I don't understand why people like you try to change the truth when it's a truth they don't want to acknowledge.

• Haha

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Last time I checked Canada was created by the British Empire.

Canada existed before the Brits came.

The British took land already belonging to others.

Then came Vikings first.

Then Cabot - who was Italian and though he claimed for Britain, they didn't colonize.

The Portuguese.

Then French.

THEN British.

And the Brits only got what would become Canada from the French - which was at the time just one big territory called Quebec - at the Treaty of Paris.

Talk about being ungrateful. Show more gratitude in future.

Oh we're grateful, just not like how YOU want.

Do you tell your own parents that you weren't their creation and that you somehow spawned spontaneously?

No but then I'm a human, not previously owned territory that was claimed by someone else.

Had I been adopted, that might be more similar.

I don't understand why people like you try to change the truth when it's a truth they don't want to acknowledge.

I'm not changing Truth, you just can't admit truth.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Won what?

You're just some piddly little soldier's get.

I'm related to Royalty.

Yes, and we all know that you have issues "Seeming".

I've just beaten you. Although that wasn't difficult. All I had to do was turn up. It was like the British against the Argentines at Goose Green back in '82.

And I think you're the one with issues. Though I've thought that for a few years now.

• Haha

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
I've just beaten you. Although that wasn't difficult. All I had to do was turn up. It was like the British against the Argentines at Goose Green back in '82.

And I think you're the one with issues. Though I've thought that for a few years now.

See? There you go.

Narcissistic views of the world again.

Shame.

But also funny.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
See? There you go.

Narcissistic views of the world again.

Shame.

But also funny.

It's not being narcissistic.

My view of me Vs you is an accurate metaphor of the 1982 Battle of Goose Green where the Argentines came along thinking they own the place and then the British turned up and destroyed them.

• Haha

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Falklands War, 1982

Britain (Blackleaf) Vs Argentina (Serryah)

Battle of Goose Green

Comprehensive British (Blackleaf) victory
In this video experts tell us the circumstances of the battle and how victory was achieved by Blackleaf

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
It's not being narcissistic.

My view of me Vs you is an accurate metaphor of the 1982 Battle of Goose Green where the Argentines came along thinking they own the place and then the British turned up and destroyed them.

"Narcissistic personality disorder is usually diagnosed through clinical evaluation. It is defined by the fifth edition (2013) of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) in terms of the personality traits of grandiosity and attention-seeking and in terms of significant impairments in personality functioning—such as looking excessively to others for the regulation of self-esteem, viewing oneself as exceptional, having impaired empathy, and having mostly superficial relationships."

The narcissistic personality type is measured through self-report questionnaires such as the Narcissistic Personality Inventory (NPI), the most widely used such scale, which can also be used to assess narcissistic personality disorder. The NPI presents respondents with a set of forced-choice items in which they must decide which of two statements is most descriptive of them. For example, persons completing the NPI would be asked whether they are best described by “people always seem to recognize my authority” or by “being an authority doesn’t mean that much to me.” People who score high on the NPI have been shown to display a wide variety of narcissistic behaviours, such as arrogance, feigned superiority, and aggressiveness.

You fit the highlighted stuff to a T.

So yes, Narcissistic.

You believe your reality is the only reality, even when proven wrong. You have absolutely no empathy what so ever. Every post you make here is about how great your country is when really it's no better or worse than any other (in that you share a lot of traits like an American; could even be taken for one if you didn't scream that you were British all the time)

You're also racist and a bigot. Though interesting you don't really fight that one must.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Meanwhile, the lovely people of the Essex seaside resort of Clacton were culturally enriched after witnessing a traditional Middle Eastern knife battle.

The good folk of Southend had their culture enriched as they watched the two Middle Eastern physicists demonstrate to the locals their traditional culture.

Added to the age old British tradition of Morris Dancing is the new Middle Eastern craze: Stabby Stabby.

Let's welcome Stabby Stabby to our new culturally enriched Britain.

Thanks to the person who filmed this recent video. I'm sure they enjoyed being culturally enriched as much as I have.

Last edited:

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Canada existed before the Brits came.

The British took land already belonging to others.

Then came Vikings first.

Then Cabot - who was Italian and though he claimed for Britain, they didn't colonize.

The Portuguese.

Then French.

THEN British.
Actually, there is evidence to suggest that fishermen from Wales and the Cornwall region arrived here 500 years before the Vikings. They didn't stay or anything assuming it was just an island. But they described the "island" as being covered in forest with many rivers. Certainly sounds like almost any stretch of the East Coast of pre-Columbian North America. Although in 500 A.D. Cornwall and Wales weren't "properly British" yet.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Actually, there is evidence to suggest that fishermen from Wales and the Cornwall region arrived here 500 years before the Vikings. They didn't stay or anything assuming it was just an island. But they described the "island" as being covered in forest with many rivers. Certainly sounds like almost any stretch of the East Coast of pre-Columbian North America. Although in 500 A.D. Cornwall and Wales weren't "properly British" yet.

True, but if we keep going back there's thought in the archaeology community that people were making trips even during the last full ice age, following the ridge of ice all the way over (France and Spain specifically were mentioned).

And then even if you say 'that's nothing more than hypothesis', there's still Asia which is how we get to Native peoples.

Britain wasn't the one who found Canada, nor 'created' it. It was already here, just called a different name, depending on the tribe, or later, Country.

They are just the LATEST ones to claim ownership (which is suspect depending who you talk to/believe) and designated the land as theirs, and giving it a name.

It'd be the same thing as the the Normans and Anglo-Saxons who claimed the Island, totally ignoring/denying that the indigenous peoples already there had claim to the land.

Sure they set up shop, they bred into the population and they even gave it, eventually, a different name. But that doesn't mean they "discovered" and "Created" it. It was already there. Just different.

Reactions: Ron in Regina

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
True, but if we keep going back there's thought in the archaeology community that people were making trips even during the last full ice age, following the ridge of ice all the way over (France and Spain specifically were mentioned).

And then even if you say 'that's nothing more than hypothesis', there's still Asia which is how we get to Native peoples.

Britain wasn't the one who found Canada, nor 'created' it. It was already here, just called a different name, depending on the tribe, or later, Country.

They are just the LATEST ones to claim ownership (which is suspect depending who you talk to/believe) and designated the land as theirs, and giving it a name.

It'd be the same thing as the the Normans and Anglo-Saxons who claimed the Island, totally ignoring/denying that the indigenous peoples already there had claim to the land.

Sure they set up shop, they bred into the population and they even gave it, eventually, a different name. But that doesn't mean they "discovered" and "Created" it. It was already there. Just different.
Yes, but for some reason people like to pretend that the US and Canada are the only places shit like that ever happened. As if all the bad things in human history only happened when Europe became dominant.